turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Halloran top shelf ceramic

Started by RiverRoost, January 31, 2020, 12:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

I played the pot today at his booth more than once and i wasn't impressed with it at all.. Pecker Wrecker Turkey Calls has new Zeberwood ceramic with waterproof striker , that will smoke that top shelf ceramic ... i bought the new Pecker Wrecker , it would play anywhere you wanted on his ceramic surface ...

Sir-diealot

I have been hearing that a lot, several places I have read that his earlier ones were much better.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

WaltHooksKing

Looking forward to receiving mine soon. Ordered last week.

Longbeardfever4ever

I ran it at the GA Dixie Classic. Probably the best ceramic I've ever ran!
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

StruttinGobbler3

I ordered one right after he released it. Had plenty of opportunity to run mine now and these are my thoughts. I'm not overly familiar with the ceramic playing surface, but it didn't take long to figure out. I like David's new ceramic, it's very grippy on the striker, makes great cuts. Yelps are great too, starts off high and abruptly drops into a nasty rasp. This sounds like a call that will just jerk a gobble out of a bird in my opinion. I know some say the front end of the yelp is too high pitched, but in my experience high pitched is not a bad thing. It often gets them gobbling where an all rasp call won't. I like it and will hunt it this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

gobbler336

Sure wish he'd hurry up and send me mine

WaltHooksKing

Quote from: gobbler336 on February 20, 2020, 04:12:15 PM
Sure wish he'd hurry up and send me mine

Me too! Nashville got in the way lol.

gobbler336

Got mine in the mail yesterday, I got a goodun, most ceramics play at one volume, this top shelf can play at multiple volumes and she has a real nice full yelp, I spun here around and around looking for the sweet spot and could tell David had ran her in about three places, the whole call is good, I'll give her a chance this spring and see what the gobblers think of her

WaltHooksKing

Got mine as well. Definitely has a great sound and it can be played anywhere on the surface.

TalknTurkey

Any of you that have one willing to make a sound file? It sounds a little high pitched in the video David posted, would just like to hear a clip with someone else running it.

I'm on the fence whether or not to pick one up. The twisted sister has been my go to call for the past few years and have killed several birds with it. But looking to pick up another call with a little different sound and also one that will be easier to run on damp mornings. I've also owned David's cherry slate and cacklin crystal but wasn't overly impressed with either of those. I do have one of his Purple Heart and cedar short boxes that I like.

Tom007

Check out Stumpy at Dominator calls Facebook. His ceramic is fantastic...the forum called it. One of the best....just got mine.
"Solo hunter"

Braunschweiger

Quote from: Tom007 on March 10, 2020, 02:12:04 PM
Check out Stumpy at Dominator calls Facebook. His ceramic is fantastic...the forum called it. One of the best....just got mine.
I just got Stumpy's walnut and ceramic and Halloran's top shelf ceramic comes in today. I will play them both tonight and may create a sound file for those wanting to hear both.

Tom007

Would love to hear it. I got his black Limba ceramic
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Braunschweiger on March 13, 2020, 02:54:48 PM
I just got Stumpy's walnut and ceramic and Halloran's top shelf ceramic comes in today. I will play them both tonight and may create a sound file for those wanting to hear both.
I would like to hear myself. Don't tell anyone which is which though, let them say which they like then reveal which is which tomorrow.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Braunschweiger

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 13, 2020, 04:23:38 PM
Quote from: Braunschweiger on March 13, 2020, 02:54:48 PM
I would like to hear myself. Don't tell anyone which is which though, let them say which they like then reveal which is which tomorrow.
Completely forgot to get the sound files made. I'll do that hopefully today or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk