OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Oklahoma, Kansas Nebraska

Started by flockbuster, February 16, 2020, 01:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flockbuster

I saw the thread about Kansas and got some good information from it, especially about the roads. Thank you to all who posted. I am planning a 2 week trip to Oklahoma, and Kansas the first two weeks of May. If all goes better than expected I am then going to Nebraska.  Any suggestions ideas helpful hints etc would be greatly appreciated. I'm not looking for anyone's honey holes but general information about the areas to go to and areas to avoid. This is going to be completely DIY camping, public land etc so any ideas or helpful hints would be great.  Thank you.

Yoder409

For DIY camping, there's Red Cloud and Chadron state park on Rte 385, south of Chadron and there's Fort Robinson State Park on Rte 20, west of Crawford.

There's also soldier Creek and Toadstool.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

flockbuster

huntineveryday

What are looking for in a Nebraska hunt? Are you wanting a merriam's from the northwest part of the state, or just a hunt with a hybrid somewhere in the state? Most people head northwest for the merriam's, but there is a lot of opportunity for turkeys in other parts of the state as well. There are 5 lakes in southwest/southcentral Nebraska that all hold birds and have public campgrounds. If you are interested in Southwest Nebraska I can give you some more detailed info.

flockbuster

I finished up my slam a few years back so now I'm just looking to shoot turkeys. The more turkeys and the less people the better.  Any tips would be great. Thank you

flockbuster

I PMed you my phone number. It might be easier to text and would keep your information a little more private.  Thank you