OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good friends special deer

Started by Sanatorium, December 16, 2019, 09:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbuck

Congrats to him! I pistol hunt myself and realize the skill level required to pull that off with that weapon. Not an easy task.

coyote1

Congrats on a fine buck! Definitely not easy to take a deer with cap & ball, lot of practice and patience involved.

If you don't mind me asking: what powder/charge and projectile?

Tom007

Fantastic, that smile says it all.....
"Solo hunter"

Sanatorium

Quote from: coyote1 on December 17, 2019, 09:53:16 PM
Congrats on a fine buck! Definitely not easy to take a deer with cap & ball, lot of practice and patience involved.

I am not sure what his load is. But will ask him. He is going to school me on cap n ball hunting with the 36 caliber he gave me for Christmas

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ctrize

Chris O

coyote1

Quote from: Sanatorium on December 20, 2019, 08:33:46 AM
Quote from: coyote1 on December 17, 2019, 09:53:16 PM

I am not sure what his load is. But will ask him. He is going to school me on cap n ball hunting with the 36 caliber he gave me for Christmas

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sounds good.

I think you will have fun with it. They are a blast to shoot and working up a load is part of the fun. I have a .44 Cal 1858 new army. I load it pretty hot for hunting with 35 grains fffg triple 7, lubed wool wad and a .454 ball. I haven't got to take a deer with it yet.

Gobble!

Awesome! Last few years I've not had much motivation to rifle hunt and considering picking up a pistol to spice things up.

surehuntsalot

great job with a cap and ball pistol ...congrats
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

kyturkeyhunter4