OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The New “Yukon Decoy Bag”

Started by YukonC, January 18, 2020, 10:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YukonC

After years and years of frustration trying to figure out the best way to carry my decoys I finally had enough and decided to make my own.

I have 3 requirements that I haven't found in a decoy bag offered.

1. Completely quite and smooth bag. Most of the decoy bags I have purchased have had noisy plastics or netting that get caught when trying to pull decoys out in the dark.

2. LONGER STRAP. Unless it was a duck decoy bag that was way too massive the the decoys bags always had a strap that was too short

3. Enough room for 2-3 full body decoys.

After years in the Army and using my barracks bag on a daily basis I decided to try to use it as a decoy bag last season. The size is perfect for my DSD Jake and Hen with room to spare without being too large. I had one problem, I had to carry it by the drawstring straps as it doesn't have a strap. That was my goal this winter. Setup a barracks bag with a strap and finally have the decoy bag I always wanted.

It is has complete silence, the correct color heavy duty cotton material and fits my dsd pair with ease! I may be interested in selling these if there is enough interest.... below are photos one with the DSD Jake and Hen inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Nice , I also made my own from large laundry bag , with extra long strap and it's awesome.. i agree it's hard to find a good one without making your own..

wchadw

Are you selling these? I need a bag I can put a decoy a small fold up camp chair in

YukonC

I think if I had 10 or more interested I would make and sell.

Sir-diealot

I have the backpack that used to go to my old Ameristep Penthouse blind that a friend ruined on me and I use that to carry my decoys.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Roost 1

Quote from: YukonC on January 18, 2020, 02:17:47 PM
I think if I had 10 or more interested I would make and sell.

How much would you charge for a bag?

YukonC

I would say $50 a bag to your door.

Sir-diealot

I am very sorry, I should have read this all the way through before I posted, I just assumed you were looking for suggestions. Again I apologize for the mistake.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

MK M GOBL

Put yourself a Claw Gun Sling on there, the no slip feature makes a world of difference! Great idea!!

MK M GOBL

NCL

What are the dimensions? I am also interested

PEPPERHEAD

YukonC

Since I am seeing some interest, I will post something in the classifieds later tonight with more details. I'll start a list on the post with 10 slots once filled I'll request PayPal payments and then put in the order for materials.

Bowguy

Quote from: YukonC on January 20, 2020, 12:01:34 PM
Since I am seeing some interest, I will post something in the classifieds later tonight with more details. I'll start a list on the post with 10 slots once filled I'll request PayPal payments and then put in the order for materials.

Buddy w all due respect, you expect guys to pay you in full for something you don't even have materials for? Idk bout the rest but I'd never do that and I'm sure others won't either

YukonC

Using PayPal function everyone is protected "buddy" no need for trolling.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: YukonC on January 20, 2020, 12:53:37 PM
Using PayPal function everyone is protected "buddy" no need for trolling.

The only trolling I see is someone wanting to sell decoys bags they "made" by piecing together a cheap milsurp bag and sling and adding two brass grommets for $50.

Good luck with your sales.