turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Unicoi calls

Started by MDTOM84, January 12, 2020, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDTOM84

First off, Unicoi was great. My kids had a great time and they got some really great calls from some of the best. The first pictures are the the calls my kids got. A Stowe-away slate, a cedar Grizz Friction wood, a great starter trumpet, striker from Matt McClain and a mini Hen Box from Richard Hudson. I ended up with a mora/mahogany misfit from Marlin, a awesome checkered box from TJ Johnson, a walnut stoned aluminum from Darren Dawkins, a new round Grizz Friction wood and 4 "different" strikers of Mr.Fowler. Giraffe bone, bamboo, Old bone and granite with snake wood. Can't wait until next year!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

doublespurs21

KentuckyHeadhunter

Great haul! Always wanted one of those Lewis Stowe pots.  I saw that Dawkins stoned walnut and wanted it bad but got a walnut slate from him instead.  You did very well my friend.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

espo16

If you were out in the lobby, I was drooling over that checkered box while your son was holding it when I was talking to Marlin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDTOM84

Quote from: espo16 on January 12, 2020, 03:30:31 PM
If you were out in the lobby, I was drooling over that checkered box while your son was holding it when I was talking to Marlin...

yeah that was me, TJ told me that is the best checkered box he has made to date. My boy is really getting into the turkey calls and can hold his own for a 6 year old!

espo16

Congrats on a dang good one

MikeStaten

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 12, 2020, 03:41:34 PM

yeah that was me, TJ told me that is the best checkered box he has made to date. My boy is really getting into the turkey calls and can hold his own for a 6 year old!

Was your son wearing a Marlin Watkins hat?

MDTOM84

Quote from: MikeStaten on January 12, 2020, 04:22:50 PM
Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 12, 2020, 03:41:34 PM

Was your son wearing a Marlin Watkins hat?
no he had a camo TJ Johnson hat on

Sir-diealot

Nice looking calls, still not sure what makes one of Marlins Misfits a Misfit, I thought it was that it has not handle but that one has a handle. I guess I have some more learning to do. Rest of the calls look good too.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Nice bunch of calls ... congrats .....

Beards and Hooks

Wow nice haul MDTom alot of great calls congratulations! I am guessing Harolds' son was selling some of Harolds remaining stock, either way very nice.

MDTOM84

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on January 12, 2020, 04:55:22 PM
  Wow nice haul MDTom alot of great calls congratulations! I am guessing Harolds' son was selling some of Harolds remaining stock, either way very nice.
yes Mr.Fowler's son had what was left of his stock, I tried to pick the more odd ones. The giraffe bone is awesome on glass surfaces

PEPPERHEAD

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 12, 2020, 05:07:20 PM
yes Mr.Fowler's son had what was left of his stock, I tried to pick the more odd ones. The giraffe bone is awesome on glass surfaces
[/quote)
  Very nice seems like a great show and if it wasn't special enough I would guess those strikers put it right over the top!

BigSlam51

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 12, 2020, 05:07:20 PM
I picked up a walrus ivory tip with carbon shaft  and Honduran rosewood top, definitely a player.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk