OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE 2 operation

Started by doepee, May 07, 2011, 06:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doepee

Somebody please refresh me on the loading of a sbe 2 . I always put one in the chamber first then when I put the 2 in the magazine what do you do push the trip on the side so one drops in above the carrier and what about the  3rd shell? I used to shoot a sbe years ago but never had to hardly every shoot more than one..

mightyjoeyoung

I wouldn't reccomend hitting the mag release button enless you want a jam on your hands and maybe need a follow up shot.  I could be wrong, but I'll check my SBE II when I get home from work.  Sad too considering how many Benellis I've sold!  Some guys will JB weld the mag catch detent down so they can fit four rounds in the gun and still have the three shot plug in so there illegal but look legal if DNR checks their gun.  Mostly for waterfowl.  I don't do it or reccomend it and won't hunt with any body that does.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

doepee

If you put two shells into the magazine then pull the bolt back to load the gun a shell does not come out of the magazine unless I hit the mag release button then I pull the bolt back and put one in the chamber then if I put two in the magazine its a single shot unless I hit the mag release button to  put a shell above the carrier, if I shoot two shots the third stays in the magazine... IS THIS RIGHT???   ;D ???   I bought this gun new last november and have never shot but one shell at a time when I patterned it this year before turkey season... Now I am wondering if I can shoot all three shells... I will know soon as my season is over then I will experiment with some cheaper shells...

ccleroy

You can only "Hotload" with older H&K black eagles and m1's.....it is possible to modify the newer 2's to allow this.......but why?

ccleroy

I'm confused on what your ? is........all shells should cycle from the magazine when fired.

doepee

My question is .. I put two shells into the gun ... push them into the tube from the bottom...okay  the gun has two shells in the tube... now I pull back on the bolt to load the gun and no shells load they stay in the tube... I have to hit the mag release button to load a shell into the barrel..if I dont hit the mag release button again the gun is a single shot... its brand new..

ccleroy

That is the correct operation,when the gun is fired all shells will cycle. Load a shell in the chamber manually or hit the mag release then rack the bolt,after that add another shell in the magazine to max it out......benelli's aren't like other autos that cycle loads by just cycling the bolt,you have to hit the mag release each time to unload it as well.

doepee

Thanks for the info... I think you just solved what I was asking... THank You

Borden811

The last info you were given is correct. You don't have to push the mag release and put a shell above the carrier once the gun is loaded. When you have a round in the chamber, the other two shells should be up in the magazine tube. When you fire the gun it will cycle properly. when I load my SBE II, i drop a round in the chamber, and press the bolt release button, letting the action slam shut. Then I shove two in the magazine, and I'm ready to rock. Also, you don't have to cycle the action to unload it. All you need to do is press the small piece of springsteel to the side with your finger(its the little piece of steel that holds the shells in ther magazine tube) and the magazine spring will push the shells back out. Do that for both of the shells in the mag, and then rack the bolt to clear the round in the chamber. It's a lot easier doing it that way, then racking all the shells through the action. You will have to push the mag release button to lock the action open when you take the round out of the chamber.

beagler

Quote from: Borden811 on May 08, 2011, 10:05:24 AM
The last info you were given is correct. You don't have to push the mag release and put a shell above the carrier once the gun is loaded. When you have a round in the chamber, the other two shells should be up in the magazine tube. When you fire the gun it will cycle properly. when I load my SBE II, i drop a round in the chamber, and press the bolt release button, letting the action slam shut. Then I shove two in the magazine, and I'm ready to rock. Also, you don't have to cycle the action to unload it. All you need to do is press the small piece of springsteel to the side with your finger(its the little piece of steel that holds the shells in ther magazine tube) and the magazine spring will push the shells back out. Do that for both of the shells in the mag, and then rack the bolt to clear the round in the chamber. It's a lot easier doing it that way, then racking all the shells through the action. You will have to push the mag release button to lock the action open when you take the round out of the chamber.
exactly +1
Never Misses

Snoody Bastid

+2, great explanation. Thats the way I did it when I had mine.

Mailman

Quote from: Borden811 on May 08, 2011, 10:05:24 AM
+3  No probs here.
One Shot One Kill