OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 24” Utili-Mag Adjustable Sight Needed

Started by YukonC, January 03, 2020, 11:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YukonC

Looking for advice on adjustable "iron sights" for my 3 year old 835. Not interested in red dots. I am going to do a legit pattern session and want to have a sight that is adjustable to be as dialed in as possible. I picked up an Indian creek choke and plan to polish the barrel and do patterns out to 75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC0331

William's fire sights . I would not suggest trying to take turkey at 75 yards with a shotgun as the kill shot % is low and at normal turkey hunting ranges your pattern would be so tight leaving you very little room for error. If you state allows the use of a rifle a 22 would be great at 75 yards.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

YukonC

I will check those out. I am currently looking at the truglo gobble dot. I won't be shooting a turkey that far but I will possibly be shooting coyotes with 4 shot.

YukonC

Any opinions on which is better the Williams vs Truglo?

Bowguy

Williams. I've used Williams sights for a bit. Don't recall the year but I put them on  SP10 the year Remington bought it from Ithaca. Never had an issue and they've been on a few guns.
Here's just a consideration. On a Benelli 20 ga I put the ghost ring sights on em. They're about like fire sights but the rear end is a peep. It keeps your head down. I actually like the sight better than the reg open irons.

YukonC

Alright well I ordered the Williams it will be here Monday. Hopefully get some decent weather and I will go pattern.

tracker#1

I bought a Remington 11/87 years back. POA was off almost 2 feet at 40 yards. Sent it back to Remington and they sent it back saying "they found no problems". I then took it to a gun smith. He found the barrel threaded "crooked". He cut the barrel and re-tapped (threaded) it straight. It patterned better but then I put the Williams on for that barrel and fined tuned the POA.  Shoots perfect POA.

dbishop

I have both sights on various different guns.  Some I see better than others depending on size of the fibers.  The one thing I like about the Williams sights is the ability to order a rear ghost ring sight if necessary.  I'm waiting on two of them to arrive this afternoon to put on a couple muzzle loaders to use in PA flintlock.