turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got one from Ralph Permar

Started by Southerngobbler, December 16, 2019, 01:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Congrats. Fine call. Seems like everyone is making trumpets now days and all these new trumpet players don't know Ralph's calls so they don't mention his name. He has won the Tom Turpin award numerous times. To me he builds as fine a call as Buice and KP. My three favorite call makers.

Since he is flying under the radar his waiting list isn't that long. Have quietly bought two over the last couple months. Sent him an email to order a third tonight.
Georgia Boy

chefrific

Quote from: savduck on January 31, 2020, 11:52:07 PM
Congrats. Fine call. Seems like everyone is making trumpets now days and all these new trumpet players don't know Ralph's calls so they don't mention his name. He has won the Tom Turpin award numerous times. To me he builds as fine a call as Buice and KP. My three favorite call makers.

Since he is flying under the radar his waiting list isn't that long. Have quietly bought two over the last couple months. Sent him an email to order a third tonight.

Agree. Permar builds a fine call.  I've picked up a couple of his lately myself and own several. But by far my favorite has been a little snake wood and ivory 1917. Call is amazing. Incredible running trumpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey stew

1iagobblergetter

Nice all weather great playing trumpet O.P....Congrats...
That snakewood 1917 is nice... :drool: Have a few 1917's myself..

GSUTURK98

That snakewood caller is mighty fine.  I own several of Ralph's callers and agree he doesn't get mentioned as often as he should among the better trumpet makers in the country.  Anyone new to trumpets would be doing themselves a favor by grabbing one of Ralph's.  Craftsmanship is top notch and ease of play makes it a great trumpet to learn with.  Great gentleman to talk turkey with to boot...IMO

GSUTURK98

A KP on the left and 3 of Ralph's.  All fine callers!

Terry

Quote from: GSUTURK98 on February 02, 2020, 11:23:05 AM

A KP on the left and 3 of Ralph's.  All fine callers!

Can I have that KP??

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

GSUTURK98

Haha!  That's the only one I have!  I'm on his list for my first one from him so hopefully I'm not too far down, lol! 

Bowhuntr73

Only trumpets that I never get rid of!!