OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

stuck choke benelli

Started by ArkyRidgeRunna, February 15, 2020, 03:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkyRidgeRunna

Took my benelli to a gun smith and they said they couldnt get my choke out without damaging barrel. Any other options or recommendations?

USMC0331

Get a small container just big and deep enough you can submerge end of barrel and all off choke in kroil oil over night.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

longislandloco

What USMC said.........you can also try warming it up with a heat gun, helps sometimes.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

mtns2hunt

Quote from: longislandloco on February 15, 2020, 04:00:34 PM
What USMC said.........you can also try warming it up with a heat gun, helps sometimes.

This plus time and patience. That stuck may take a couple days.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

SumToy

well few things.   one is it stuck because of crud/rust or is it swelled up.   

Swelled you best to cut it out.   Saw it off at end if extended.  Then dremel tool to cut it and peel it out.  JUST GO SLOW AND LOOK LOOK LOOK AND LOOK.

Now if just crud you can spray BP blaster on it then little heat (if camo it will mess up)  spray then heat spray and heat it will work in.  It will brake free.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gtrjames

Kroil, heat, patience, repeat

gtrjames

The worst one I ever dealt with took several days...I soaked with Kroil then left in a deep freeze for a couple days. I removed it and put the barrel in boiling water for several minutes. After it cooled back down I got a wrench on it and finally broke it loose. After I finally got the tube out I cleaned the threads inside the barrel and the tube and had no more problems. FWIW it was an 870

turkey_picker

Soak with Kroil or PB Blaster for several days, if that doesn't work, put heat on the barrel, not the choke. Be careful and don't get the heat too close to the finish, heat it up from a distance. If the choke is not extended, use a "easy out" spiral thread extractor. I had to get one out for a friend that the choke had rusted stuck. I ended up using a torch to heat the barrel. I was careful and didn't even burn the camo coating on the barrel. Again be careful if you have to use heat. Good luck.