turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

One sider

Started by shatcher, October 30, 2019, 08:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shatcher

I'm looking for feedback on who makes a good one sider and what wood combo.  Many thanks

va longbeard

Ed Terenfenko snakewood chestnut one sider is one of my favorite boxes I own.

Another great one I have is from Josh Farley purpleheart over red cedar one sider, Josh owns that combo it's a stellar call.

Got a couple of Tim Clayton one siders that are awesome as well but I think he isn't building anymore.

TJ is making a killer based off Dawkins design and hybrid fiddle on the list for one now he has a soundfile on his Facebook page it sounds awesome.

Dawkins is another great one don't have one but it's on my list to get one.

Jeff Lacey at shag hill calls just started making em Derek Tereza has a soundfile of Jeff's call on Facebook I ordered one 2 minutes after listening to it poplar purpleheart,

Allen Jenkins is making a killer old school based off Lynch design as well mahogany walnut.

Sir-diealot

Marlin Watkins makes some nice sounding ones, I got to play with a few of them at Turkey Trot Acres back in August and hope to get one from him now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy hooker

On this subject I can't say enough about the Tony Quarino one sider,,got this call a few months ago and was blown away,,never had a call this easy to play yet with a fantastic yelp and purr.and the cost was barely anything
Actually will cause me stress in the spring because I want to use my pricey and pretty calls but I don't know that I can knowing I have this one.

shatcher

Thanks for the replies.

Greg Massey

Don't over look center screw one-sider from T J Johnson. Matt Fulkerson is making new type one-sider that's awesome. Also the ones mention in the post make some awesome calls ...

silverspur

I would also throw in Mike Lapp, Pat Strawser and Jeff McKamey for one siders. 
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

turkey stew

SS  should be added to this list.

shatcher

Does anyone have a phone number for Tony Quarino?  Thanks

Happy hooker

Tom007

Take a look at the Southern Belle from Cody. Made from heartwood pine, it is one of the only boxes I carry. Plays soft, sweet yelps. Can cut real good too. The sound is fantastic.... You won't be disappointed....Like most Cody Calls, it's all turkey.
"Solo hunter"

jrinny

Just received my Tony Quarino zebra wood/ Mahogany one sider. It is a great call in both quality and sound. Like others have said before me .... Tony is a great guy to deal with and his one sliders are worth looking into.

Sir-diealot

Glad you were able to get one you like.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

One sider can play some pretty tunes

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Greg Massey on November 16, 2019, 09:32:01 PM
One sider can play some pretty tunes
What are some of your favorites Greg, callmakers and combos I mean?