turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New turkey vest

Started by jwm1485, January 04, 2020, 10:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwm1485

Im looking to buy my first turkey vest. The 3 i am looking at are the cabelas tatr 2, ol tom easy rider and the k&h run and gun 200. Anyone have any recommendations or advise on which one i should go with?
Thanks

rakkin6

I have the TATR 2 and love it but if I am not mistaken I think Cabela's stopped making them. If you can find one get it you won't regret it.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

grayfox

They now have them listed again on their web site.

rakkin6

Well I may have to buy another one then in case Bass Pro decides to act crazy and stop carrying them again.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Jmarek

As I've gotten older and the legs stiffer I started using one of those small short legged hunting chairs and they are great - should have gotten one
years ago and with that I went with the Cabela's Minimalist vest - which works great for me but
I have used the Tat'r 2 for years and love that one also

PALongspur

Another Tatr 2 fan here also. I'd like to be able to downsize somewhat so I do believe I'm going to try a Cabela's Minimalist this spring.

rakkin6

I carry one of those chairs also after I am done running and gunning I will setup on a field edge for a few hours from like 1000 until 1 and hunt out of it. They are great, more than once I have dozed off lol.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

The Southpaw

Out of the three that you have listed, I would go with the tat'r 2. But take a look at Alps. They are making some really good vests right now.

Nathan_Wiles

I've used that Tactical Tatr and it served very well for a long time. Good pocket layout and can carry as much gear or more gear than you'll want to haul around.  I switched last season to K&H 300 due to seeming to enjoy hunting out of my gobbler lounger seat more and more. The K&H works well and is a bit lighter overall empty to empty vest. Both can be loaded up to extremes if you want.
I like them both but lean toward the K&H a bit more since last season.
N

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jwm1485

Thanks for the replies. I found a guy selling the ol tom used but never worn for $50.

Mossberg90MN

I would probably get the cabelas vest. On the other hand I do love my Knight and Hale 200 vest. I just wish it had more of game bag/larger pack in the back.

Not an issue for others but I like to have storage for a Jake decoy, some snacks, back up water, etc...

jwm1485

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on January 15, 2020, 12:41:22 AM
I would probably get the cabelas vest. On the other hand I do love my Knight and Hale 200 vest. I just wish it had more of game bag/larger pack in the back.

Not an issue for others but I like to have storage for a Jake decoy, some snacks, back up water, etc...

I have tried a bladder in KandH 200?

Iaguntrader

I was looking at both the Knight and Hale R n G 200 and 300. I bought the 300 because in all the images I seen of the 200 it didn't have the retention straps for pot calls, but the 300 did.

I also was given a Primos Rocker as a Christmas gift. I've not hunted with either, as both are newly acquired, but I'm not a fan of the amount of noise the zippers make on the Rocker. I plan to use both this spring.