turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Where to order topo maps online?

Started by Sir-diealot, September 27, 2019, 06:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

The Mennonite I drive for is looking for a place I can order topo maps online. He is not allowed to have a cell phone because of his religion and I just hate cell phones so that is out of the question, so I was wondering if you guys could suggest some good sites where they could be ordered? I think his main idea is for trapping spots and maybe hunting. Thanks for any help in advance.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Pig

Hey Sir check out mytopo . Great place to get maps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

I use the USGS Store. You can order hardcopies, or preview and download the electronic versions for free.
https://store.usgs.gov/maps

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Pig on September 27, 2019, 07:25:04 PM
Hey Sir check out mytopo . Great place to get maps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Pig, that was one I could not remember that I had seen here.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on September 27, 2019, 07:57:49 PM
I use the USGS Store. You can order hardcopies, or preview and download the electronic versions for free.
https://store.usgs.gov/maps
Thanks, we will be getting hard copies for sure. We almost bought a plotter do print our own, the price was not bad but I would have had to rearrange things to set it up because it was so large.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Hey guys I was hoping for some more help here, he told me he wants the entire county and the next county done, I am looking at this page of part of the county and it looks like it is only 7.5X7.5 GR Does that mean a seven and a half piece of paper for this? Seems like it would be pretty useless if that is the case? Sorry if the question seems stupid, I don't want to waste the man's money, he is wanting to spend 200 or more for these and I want to get the right stuff. https://store.usgs.gov/product/466442

Oh he was here yesterday and looking at the maps on another site he said he was more interested in a hybrid map like this one, I see no reference to elevation on it though. https://www.mytopo.com/search.cfm

John Koenig:

LaLongbeard

Mytopo.com
You can zoom in/out several options like landowners,pond or lake depths, aerial photos topo only hybrids, public roads access roads etc. You can make the map and then click preview and you can make sure everything you needed is covered.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: LaLongbeard on October 10, 2019, 10:39:28 AM
Mytopo.com
You can zoom in/out several options like landowners,pond or lake depths, aerial photos topo only hybrids, public roads access roads etc. You can make the map and then click preview and you can make sure everything you needed is covered.

Thanks for the reply. The map above is from mytopo.com I am just nervous about the size and if it is good enough. I will not be getting the size above, it would cost close to 500 to get them made up in that size, these will be what I am getting out our county and then two larger ones for the state forest. I just hope they are useful, I keep trying to get him to come here but he does not seem to be worried about it.
https://www.mytopo.com/review.cfm?mytopoid=2195970B68E

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Thanks for the help guys, I got him 5 from mytopo.com and they came in yesterday and he is very happy with them. He got the topo hybrid maps on the waterproof paper.

John Koenig: