OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkeys and stainless?

Started by treein dixie, November 23, 2019, 01:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

Like mentioned above try the Mossy Oak wrap kit. I  put one on a 1187 Premier. We I took it off about 3 yrs. later the gun looked like new. Fairly easy to put on and no sticky tape residue when I took it off.
https://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/shotgun-wrap-mossy-oak-camo-gun-skin

Chris O

Quote from: the Ward on November 25, 2019, 06:30:06 AM
Just buy a roll of camo tape and wrap it. Been putting camo tape on a Bps upland with a vent rib barrel for over 20 years. Bluing and finish still look great.      Or get one of the mossy oak vinyl camo wrap kits, they work well and are a more long term solution while still being removable.                                                         
I used tape for a lot of years and it protects your gun from scratches but if you hunt in a good rain I would take the tape off to dry the gun out then re apply some more tape. One roll would at least Camo your gun barrel and receiver a couple times at least.

trkehunr93

Hunt with it and try as best you can to stay in the shade or set up where he's going to be in shotgun range before he realizes the jig is up.

dirt road ninja

The woods I hunt have bright orange tape everywhere and yellow paint trees on property lines. They don't care. If they going to bust you with a stainless gun they were going to bust you with a camo gun.

Tom007

There is a company that makes real nice covers for barrels, actions, and stocks. Kane gun chaps. I think they are still around. They are nice, durable, and come in great camo patterns. They are gun specific. Good luck....
"Solo hunter"