Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What seat to use with Glenda Green Satchel??

Started by dan, March 02, 2021, 12:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan

I've been reading all the life great stuff of the Glenda Green satchels and really want one but can't think of a good way to carry a seat or cushion. The metal framed lounge chairs are too bulky for me and I don't want something dangling from my belt. What do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiewoof

Go ahead and get one of Glenda's seat cushions and link it to your belt buckle.

OJR

I just got one of Glenda's cushions and I think I'm really going to like it. It has a web strap you can put a carabiner on and hook it to a belt or belt loop.

Greg Massey

Got to her Facebook page and look at the waterproof seat covers she make with a heavy duty zipper small rubber innertube goes inside and it only weighs like 1.1 pound and you will have no more wet butt from sitting on the ground anymore.

GunRunner

Glenda will also add a shoulder strap to the cushion for a $5.00 charge. She helped me today with one.

She is #1 in quality products and customer service.

GunRunner
:turkey:

richard black

I use the innertube seat she makes and it is excellent. Very comfortable, weight is neglible, and you can take it anywhere. Highly recommend it for those who like a bag/satchel rather than a vest.

PennBirdy

I had the same concerns when I switched to a satchel last year. I carried a foam seat on a few hunts, but I eventually ditched it and used the cushion that the good lord gave me. I don't think I'll look back at this point.

Dtrkyman

Lafuma low chair, unless you are a big dude these things are great!

albrubacker

X2
Quote from: zombiewoof on March 02, 2021, 12:37:51 PM
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Dazzler

Quote from: albrubacker on March 08, 2021, 09:40:08 AM
X2
Does the tube seat not flop on your legs while walking?

Anyone tote a stadium style seat?  Not much cushion but it's light and has back support.

bobk

I have a Crazy Creek stadium style seat. Extremely light and easy to carry on my satchel.

Dazzler

Quote from: bobk on April 02, 2021, 09:23:47 AM
I have a Crazy Creek stadium style seat. Extremely light and easy to carry on my satchel.

I'm going to give that a try.  If that doesn't work, then I'll give the innertube a go.

albrubacker

Quote from: Dazzler on April 02, 2021, 08:32:09 AM
Quote from: albrubacker on March 08, 2021, 09:40:08 AM
X2
I hunt with a vest and just put it in the game pouch. But in your case I would pay the $5 for a shoulder strap.
Does the tube seat not flop on your legs while walking?

Anyone tote a stadium style seat?  Not much cushion but it's light and has back support.

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott