turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for the name of a Western movie

Started by Sir-diealot, September 21, 2019, 03:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I am looking for the name of a Western movie, (2 actually but will stick with this one for now) Jack Palance or somebody that looks a lot like him, (maybe his brother, I know he acted too) rides a horse from town to town saying he is a lawyer and is trying to deliver I think it was inheritance papers. The person he is trying to find is played by either Randolph Scott or Glenn Ford I think. In the end of the movie he finally finds the guy played by either Scott or Ford, asks him a few question telling him he has to verify that he is the guy he is looking for before he can give him the inheritance check and when he is satisfied that it is who he is looking for he pulls out a gun from a satchel and shoots him dead in front of his new wife and then turns and rides off with a big smile on his face and that is how the movie ends. There is a lot going on in the movie besides that, I think the part being played by Scott or Ford is trying to hide who he is because he was a gunslinger in the past and is now in love with this woman and wants to settle down. Anybody have a clue what it might be? Thanks
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Trax

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Trax on September 21, 2019, 05:17:01 PM
City Slickers II
No bud, neither Randolph Scott or Glenn Ford were in that movie and it is a completely different plot. :D Thanks for trying though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

tal

LOL... The Legend of Curly. jk.... Lemme try google.

tracker vi

Doesn't seem likely to me that Randolph Scott or Glenn Ford would have ever played a role like that .Couldn't find any mention of Palance being in a film with either Scott Or Ford.No mention of Palance having a actor brother.

tal

Quote from: tracker vi on September 24, 2019, 01:06:25 PM
Doesn't seem likely to me that Randolph Scott or Glenn Ford would have ever played a role like that .Couldn't find any mention of Palance being in a film with either Scott Or Ford.No mention of Palance having a actor brother.
I plugged in different combinations and came up empty also. I get an 'E' for effort.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tal on September 24, 2019, 02:52:34 PM
I plugged in different combinations and came up empty also. I get an 'E' for effort.

Thanks guys, I could have the Ford or Scott wrong but definitely not Palance, his face is just so memorable and I remember the voice as well which is also hard to forget.

I found the other movie I mentioned above, that was The Tall Men, just watched it on Amazon and it was every bit as good as I remember it. Only thing I had to go on was the song the women sings in it, I looked several years ago to find it using the song but no luck but found it this time around. Here is the trailer from that movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5UIxHu7CFc

John Koenig:

turkey_picker

Go to imdb.com and search for Randolph Scott or Glenn Ford and it will pull up all the movies they played in and other cast members. Good Luck!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: turkey_picker on September 25, 2019, 11:48:17 PM
Go to imdb.com and search for Randolph Scott or Glenn Ford and it will pull up all the movies they played in and other cast members. Good Luck!
Thanks, will check that out.

John Koenig: