OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Brass Call?

Started by Sir-diealot, September 01, 2019, 12:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I have a lot of different pots now and intend to get a Lonnie Sneed green glass call but I have been thinking of getting a brass call. Who would ya'll suggest I get one through and what woods would you suggest? Thank you in advance. Oh it must be a 3 1/2" pot
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

John Sinclair , is one of the best .. go to his website and click on his sound bites and you can listen to a lot of different pot call surfaces ... as far as wood for the pot , i would talk with the builder on what he thinks best ...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 01, 2019, 12:53:54 AM
John Sinclair , is one of the best .. go to his website and click on his sound bites and you can listen to a lot of different pot call surfaces ... as far as wood for the pot , i would talk with the builder on what he thinks best ...

Thanks, John was actually the first person I thought of, he does not have the pot that I want right now, but that could well change after talking with him. I am not intending to buy until January, I have things that need to be taken care of before then. CHRISTmas and the youngest nephews birthday that is two days after CHRISTmas being the main two. I always got crappy gifts because my birthday was in January and everybody was getting their credit card statements coming in after CHRISTmas shopping where my sisters who had summer birthdays always got great stuff (well for girls anyway) and I like to go out of my way to may sure he does not have the same thing happen to him, not from me anyway.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

bobk

John Sinclair  makes a nice brass call. The brass call that I recieved from John, at his suggestion,  is a 3" mum ebony . Truly a two pack a day smoker.

Chris O

I only have one and it's a Mike Yingling in a walnut pot. It's a beautiful call and I really like the sound of it. Sounds especially great with a snakewood striker but sounds good with most of the other strikers as well.. Mine is a 3 inch call but pretty sure Mike could make you a 3 1/2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: bobk on September 01, 2019, 05:52:28 AM
John Sinclair  makes a nice brass call. The brass call that I recieved from John, at his suggestion,  is a 3" mum ebony . Truly a two pack a day smoker.
Thanks, that makes 3 of us that thought of him right off. I am going to have to go 3 1/2" I found out recently that a 3" hurts my hand quite a bit, you would not think half an inch would make that much difference but it does. I have problems with my left hand from a car accident.

Quote from: Chris O on September 01, 2019, 07:53:15 AM
I only have one and it's a Mike Yingling in a walnut pot. It's a beautiful call and I really like the sound of it. Sounds especially great with a snakewood striker but sounds good with most of the other strikers as well.. Mine is a 3 inch call but pretty sure Mike could make you a 3 1/2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not know that Mike made brass calls, I will have to talk with him and see if he does 3 1/2" calls, I have only seen 3" calls from him from what I recall. My memory is not great though. Thank you for the reply.

John Koenig:

JLH

John also can make them in 3.25".... may be just enough.

As a general rule, the smaller diameter metals have a "tighter" sound to them .. if that makes sense....

To me, 3.25" in copper, brass and titanium  are the ticket!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: JLH on September 01, 2019, 01:52:34 PM
John also can make them in 3.25".... may be just enough.

As a general rule, the smaller diameter metals have a "tighter" sound to them .. if that makes sense....

To me, 3.25" in copper, brass and titanium  are the ticket!
I do thank you for the offer but I do not want to spend the money only to find out that that extra 1/4 inch makes a difference. I hope that does not come off insulting, it truly is not meant to be and again I do thank you for the offer.

John Koenig:

Spitten and drummen

John sinclair. I have 4 of them but never hunt them. I will most likely sale them. Im not big on metal pot calls. John makes the best ones I have heard.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on September 01, 2019, 09:01:03 PM
John sinclair. I have 4 of them but never hunt them. I will most likely sale them. Im not big on metal pot calls. John makes the best ones I have heard.
Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it.

John Koenig:

Tom007

Good morning. I just picked up John Sinclair Gaboon Ebony titanium 3.25. Heard great things about it, his sound video sounding real good. I will give you feedback, if I like it I will probably order one in brass.
"Solo hunter"

outdoors

John makes some awesome looking calls. , sound really good also
I have both 3 1/2" @ 3 1/4" titanium. Both sound Good I faver the 3 1/4"
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Tom007

What wood pots do you have, and what striker do you like on the titanium? Thanks..
"Solo hunter"

outdoors

Gaboon Ebony For the big one and BOCOTE on the smaller one
Two PEICE my favorite so far is his bloodwood one PEICE
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Tom007

"Solo hunter"