turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Production Date

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, July 28, 2019, 05:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

Recently picked these up,I found very little upon searching around..Was wondering when they was in production 80s 90s ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rem Man

I believe around 1993-1995

Old Timer

use to use them early 90`s. great pattern but the hull would get hung up after firing in the receiver of my 835. took some gobblers with them.

Greg Massey

I have box of them , the box i have is mainly white with red writing ....

Rzrbac

Not sure if it's the exact same model, but I shot a box or two of Activ turkey loads back in the mid 80s.

Fullfan

Great shell in it's time. 3" loaded with 2 1/4 oz of Nickle platter copper. Very early 90's.  Still have 4 boxes of them. 
Don't gobble at me...

Hook hanger

I used to  use them in the early 90s 2.25oz  4x6 load very DEADLY back then.

Nathan_Wiles

I still have a partial box of #5 from the early 90's was a great shell for a gun with factory full barrels for that time frame.
I recall bragging on what a turkey slayer it was, I wouldn't hunt with a combo now that threw a pattern like my gun and the Activ load threw then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

firedup

Here is a little bit of info.  Doesn't date your box tho. I think early mid 90's is about right. I do know there was a brown version. Earlier I think.  And some of the last shells under the Activ name had a brass base and were reportedly made by Kent, who bought Activ out.  Guys on Shotgunworld may know.  They were the bomb back in the day.  I think I have a case stashed way back somewhere. Along with who knows what else. Every time you think this is THE SHELL for the next 10 years something else comes out.  Chasing rainbows and pots of gold......

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/bpi/articleindex/articles/activ_info1/activhulls.htm

silvestris

Quote from: firedup on July 29, 2019, 09:52:54 PM

Chasing rainbows and pots of gold......

I really miss the days when people just hunted.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

bobk

Used these shells in the early 90's.

WV Ridge Reaper

Thanks for the replies everyone!!

Pressured Gobbler

I remember pattering them shells and I'd always find a ton of them rolling around in the cardboard box's I was using as a target... needless to say they are no longer being made lol

wvmntnhick

Miss those shells. I've got plenty of hulls for loading. Those are quite honestly the best hulls for reloading. Sadly, mine are all 2-3/4" hulls.