OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Knoxx-stock or shurshot for 870 youth 20?

Started by pcgobbler, May 04, 2011, 12:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcgobbler

Will a knoxx stock or a shurshot stock work on an 870 youth 20 gauge?  I'm looking to hook my son up for next year.  I love the shurshot, I got it on my 12, but a knoxx stock would be adjustable for him as well as me.

bunk

You can get both for a 20ga. I'm going to put the knoxx on my 20ga because it's adjustable my son and I can both shoot it. I have a Knoxx on my 12ga and really like it but sense I added the red dot I think I would like the sure shot better because it has a higher comb. The knoxx does have a comb riser that can be added if you shoot optics. My vote would be knoxx for gun that fits all ages.

pcgobbler

Thanks Bunk.  That's what I'm looking for:  a gun for all ages.

sugarray

The knoxx works very well for the 870 youth 20 and my son shoots it well.  He is only 6

TauntoHawk

I will be running a Knoxx for my wife next year, just a great stock of all shooters
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wisconsinteacher

I really like my Knoxx.  With 3.5" rounds, I get very little recoil.  When I shot my bird, I was able to watch him drop because the recoil was sucked up by the stock. 

Turkey Trot

If the Shut Shot interests you, you can pick one up at Midwest Gun Works for $56 before shipping.  BPS retails them for $65 which may work out as well, and it usually has that stock for the 870 but not the 1187.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter