OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Interesting Day  (Read 1091 times)

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
Interesting Day
« on: June 14, 2019, 05:33:22 PM »
I may need a witch doctor or shaman to interpret this day, lol. Just a bunch of singularly odd items all in one day. First I saw the biggest snapper I have ever seen trying to cross the road at a busy traffic circle. I get out and hobble him across the road, knee surgery last week. Good deed done I head to work, about 2 miles down the road I double wheel a crazy possum. If no snapper, then he would be alive. I get to work and park, check the weather and email and a lady rear ends( bumps) me. No harm no foul. After work is pt then heading home. I turn onto the shortcut and an owl swoops acrossthe road with a big snake in its talons, not many big snakes here. I get to the next turn and I am behind a 19 year old kid in a Delorean. Make the corner and there are 2 dead Minks in the road 4 feet apart. That’s the end and I have no clue what it all means if anything, butdam what a weird day  :OGturkeyhead:

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
Re: Interesting Day
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »
Woah, that’s some pretty freaky stuff. One of my brothers apprenticed with a shaman in Nepal for his PhD work. Fascinating stories. You’re right, the shaman would be all over your day with the symbolism.

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 06:20:20 PM »
I'd have asked the kid in the Delorean if he could take me back to 1978.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 07:19:33 PM »
Nope, I may have to marry my exwife again. NO DEAL

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 08:18:22 PM »
Let me take a shot at this:

Slow up and enjoy the journey along the road of life, but be willing to stop and help someone along the way. Some day it will be you. Don't run foolishly through life, you never know where the road ends your one bad decision away from disaster. Life will still have it's bumps, but they're not all bad. Be wise like the old owl and you will be able to defeat the plots of that old serpent the devil. Enjoy today because you can't go forward or go back. It doesn't matter how much your worth if your dead, your not taking it with you. Sometimes chasing the person ahead of you leads to the same doom as they even if your four feet behind.     

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 09:02:18 PM »
To save time and a lengthy explanation, and to protect my Shayman license, it means you should buy a different kind of shaving cream. :goofball:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 09:30:54 PM »
Let me take a shot at this:

Slow up and enjoy the journey along the road of life, but be willing to stop and help someone along the way. Some day it will be you. Don't run foolishly through life, you never know where the road ends your one bad decision away from disaster. Life will still have it's bumps, but they're not all bad. Be wise like the old owl and you will be able to defeat the plots of that old serpent the devil. Enjoy today because you can't go forward or go back. It doesn't matter how much your worth if your dead, your not taking it with you. Sometimes chasing the person ahead of you leads to the same doom as they even if your four feet behind.   
Somebody used to write for the astrology section.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Sixes

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 09:36:13 PM »
If you mean snapping turtle, you should of made stew out of him

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 06:48:01 AM »
Just looking to shoot a few rounds of trap and clean out my garage today. I wonder what weird crap will happen today  :funnyturkey:

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 07:20:39 AM »
Sounds like the kind of dreams you would have after eating some bad pork sausage and a half a handle of Jack Daniel's
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 07:51:21 AM »
That is an accurate description

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 08:34:27 AM »
I'd have asked the kid in the Delorean if he could take me back to 1978.
LOL  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: