turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hunting Turkeys with Ray Eye book-Chapter 1

Started by tha bugman, June 06, 2019, 05:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Picked this book up in the classifieds and the first chapter is absolutely amazing.  What a story, I felt like I was there!  It talks about him going on his first turkey hunt, and the "hen" that slipped in behind him and called the bird into range. 

Ozarks Hillbilly

Bugman, don't know how much you know about Ray but he is has a lot of good stories. His uncle Lee was quite a character and Ray fallowed closely in his foot steps.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hobbes

Pretty sure that I've read that story before.  It was a good one

Happy

I have several of his books including that one. He has some good stories and info.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Mtd69

i have two of ray's books lots of good information and his stories are very entertaining

davisd9

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 06, 2019, 07:30:06 PM
Added it to my ever growing list. https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3RQCKT5W0NAK8?ref_=wl_share

Where is "The American Wild Turkey" by Henry Davis and "The Art and Science of Turkey Hunting" by Lovett Williams on the list?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Sir-diealot

Quote from: davisd9 on June 07, 2019, 02:15:20 PM
Added it to my ever growing list. https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3RQCKT5W0NAK8?ref_=wl_share

Where is "The American Wild Turkey" by Henry Davis and "The Art and Science of Turkey Hunting" by Lovett Williams on the list?
The Art and Science of Turkey Hunting" by Lovett Williams is actually on the ebay list, I am not familiar with "The American Wild Turkey" by Henry Davis though. I will look into it. I am hoping I can get The Art and Science of Turkey Hunting" by Lovett Williams at a decent price, saw it go under 10 bucks last year the day before I got paid, I was not happy.

Edit: The American Wild Turkey Henry Davis is not likely to ever be in my collection, I just looked it up and the cheapest copy I found is $375.00 I can simply not put that much into a book.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SinGin

Quote from: tha bugman on June 06, 2019, 05:27:02 PM
Picked this book up in the classifieds and the first chapter is absolutely amazing.  What a story, I felt like I was there!  It talks about him going on his first turkey hunt, and the "hen" that slipped in behind him and called the bird into range.

I haven't read the book but was the hen doing all the calling actually his grandfather? That's what he wrote in Athe Missouri Conservattionist magazine back in the 80's when I was a kid

Rzrbac

Quote from: SinGin on June 08, 2019, 05:05:26 PM
Quote from: tha bugman on June 06, 2019, 05:27:02 PM

I haven't read the book but was the hen doing all the calling actually his grandfather? That's what he wrote in Athe Missouri Conservattionist magazine back in the 80's when I was a kid

I believe I read the same story in the MO Conservationist and maybe one other publication.

davisd9

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 07, 2019, 04:51:01 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on June 07, 2019, 02:15:20 PM

The Art and Science of Turkey Hunting" by Lovett Williams is actually on the ebay list, I am not familiar with "The American Wild Turkey" by Henry Davis though. I will look into it. I am hoping I can get The Art and Science of Turkey Hunting" by Lovett Williams at a decent price, saw it go under 10 bucks last year the day before I got paid, I was not happy.

Edit: The American Wild Turkey Henry Davis is not likely to ever be in my collection, I just looked it up and the cheapest copy I found is $375.00 I can simply not put that much into a book.

Watch and it can be found for less.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer