turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester Model 12

Started by ElkTurkMan, May 04, 2011, 08:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElkTurkMan

I have my dad's old Model 12.  It's got a full choke barrell and it shoots thee inch shells.  My late father killed 40-50 birds with it.  I have one more bird to get before I am limited out in GA, and I am seriously thinking of taking dad's old gun.  I know he shot #6 shot out of it.  My question is I have some old Federal 3" #6' laying around and I was going to see what kind of opattern It got with them.  They are copper palted I beleive.  I jsut wanted to make sure they were safe to shoot out of this gun.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hognutz

I don't see any problem there. I wouldn't run any steel through it, but you should be just fine with lead. I would definitely pattern it before I went out hunting with it. Good luck with your dad's old 12..Mike  :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

SumToy

We see a lot of them guns. They good guns.  I think the Fed FCW would be safe and should work good. That is what they came up with this wad for they said at one point.

Good luck and have fun the old school way.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA