OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Enticer aluminum ?

Started by coyote1, June 05, 2019, 03:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote1

Do you guys that own/have ran them prefer the silver thunder extreme or wet one?
I have listened to the sound files on his site but having a hard time deciding between the two.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Turkeytider

Quote from: coyote1 on June 05, 2019, 03:21:45 AM
Do you guys that own/have ran them prefer the silver thunder extreme or wet one?
I have listened to the sound files on his site but having a hard time deciding between the two.

Can`t go wrong with either. I got my Silver Thunder for wet days and to complement my Crystal Mistress in sound. Also, the corian backside of the call makes a nice surface for soft calling. Used it to soft cluck, yelp and purr with a Fowler snakewood to call in a late afternoon bird this year.

idgobble

I love my aluminum/corian Silver Thunder. I use the corian side most.

perrytrails

Silver thunder extreme, get Al's carbon tipped striker to go with it.

Great call wet or dry

coyote1

Thanks guys. I do like the idea of using the Corian side as a second call surface, I like how it sounds on my screaming demon 2. I thought the waterproof aluminum would be a perfect call to compliment the demon on rainy days. It rained a lot this year so it got me thinking about more waterproof calls.

Turkeytider

Quote from: coyote1 on June 05, 2019, 02:41:09 PM
Thanks guys. I do like the idea of using the Corian side as a second call surface, I like how it sounds on my screaming demon 2. I thought the waterproof aluminum would be a perfect call to compliment the demon on rainy days. It rained a lot this year so it got me thinking about more waterproof calls.

Yep, just rough a patch of the corian with some scotch brite. I find that you might have to do it a couple of times during use. You might think that they can`t hear it, but they can!

Turkeytider

Quote from: perrytrails on June 05, 2019, 02:10:24 PM
Silver thunder extreme, get Al's carbon tipped striker to go with it.

Great call wet or dry

Ditto on the carbon tipped, too.

outdoors

Yep, just rough a patch of the corian with some scotch brite. I find that you might have to do it a couple of times during use. You might think that they can`t hear it, but they can!
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                         

Besides there phenomenal eye sight  they do have.     excellent herring  .............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Turkeytider

Quote from: outdoors on June 05, 2019, 04:47:58 PM

Besides there phenomenal eye sight  they do have.     excellent herring  .............
[/quote]

" Excellent herring"?  They have fish? Just kidding!!

Double B

I like the wet one just a little better and have owned both.  Wet one is as good as the silver fox, my favorite alum and the waterproof striker works well.   The thin corian wet wonder,  thats a real nice wet call too.  Hard to go wrong   :icon_thumright:
Followed by buzzards

coyote1

A gentleman on here made my choice a little easier. Offered me a thunder extreme at a price I couldn't turn down. I'm going to try my carbon tipped striker from perfection, yingling fiber rod and and an acrylic tip from Bill Baublit. It should sound good with 1 or 2 of those.

jrinny

Besides the carbon tip/ carbon rod strikers—— bloodwood on dry days really sound good on my silver thunder extreme.

coyote1

Quote from: jrinny on June 07, 2019, 11:12:23 PM
Besides the carbon tip/ carbon rod strikers—— bloodwood on dry days really sound good on my silver thunder extreme.

Thanks.
I will try a couple bloodwood strikers on it when it gets here. I have a Halloran and Bill Baublit that sound great on a lot of calls.

jrinny

The Halloran bloodwood is what I use on mine.... :icon_thumright: