News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Are you a turkey counter ??

Started by Yoder409, May 22, 2019, 09:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Hook hanger

I have a rough number but couldn't give an exact until I counted them all up.

bobk

Paulmyr

I would have to think about it for a while and could probably get pretty close.Think I'd have to count them by state.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Jstocks

Yoteduster

tomstopper

No. I used to keep a journal and attach photos to it at the end of each entry. I stored this at my dad's when I was in the Marines and during that time, his home caught on fire and it was lost. Since then, I have started a new journal but I can't honestly say how many were in the original.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Dtrkyman

I have no idea how many, but not enough!

Been at it since 1992, and have had some stellar years, guided many people to birds and even did a hunt of a lifetime trip for a kid with cancer, best experience turkey hunting by far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crenshawco

Yep, I keep a detailed log and journal of my hunts in a spreadsheet. I even kept up with it when I was a kid but didnt start the spreadsheet until probably 10 years ago. I can look back at my log and remember every bird.

Southerngobbler

Most people keep the beards, all you would have to do is count them. I'll admit I have done so.

Marc

I stopped counting when I ran out of fingers and toes to keep track on...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Roost 1 on May 22, 2019, 10:01:45 PM
No I don't keep up with it...
Be pretty tough for a felller like yourself to I'd imagine Greg.

To answer, I don't keep count. Save all my beards, but would have to count them to know exactly.

Gooserbat

Yes.  I don't advertise but I can tell you how many deer, elk turkey, and any big game I've taken.  It's for my satisfaction.  I'm not all about the numbers but it's  my way of keeping a reference and remembering the hunt.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

fallhnt

I lost count after about 120 bow kills. On the flip side,gun hunting is more enjoyable when I do it. I've got one with a .410 but numbers wise I'm < 40 with a gun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy