OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot call recommendations

Started by Techn9cian02, May 19, 2019, 01:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techn9cian02

I currently have a
Blue Mahoe ceramic
Blue Mahoe/Padauk/Holly laminate glass and aluminum (All from stumpy)
Lonzo Birdseye maple slate
Crystal mistress

Anything that would compliment those or something that's been a proven killer for you. I'm probably going to get 2 or 3 new calls before next season, one will definitely be slate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLH

Buster Halford makes a heck of a pot call.

His red slate is on fire!! And id imagine anything else he makes is going to soon replace some of your favorites!

zsully

Sweetbriar glass/slate in a white walnut pot has been my go to this year. Killed a handful with it this year.

MDTOM84

Gog1015

I would add a green slate and a red slate, lots of good makers out there, but Buster Halford is hard to beat for the price. His Osage glass over slate is great as well.

Buckrub

A  John Sinclair Titanium over Slate has brought a lot of birds to their demise for me !!!

dixiemagnum80

I have to agree with everyone on this. Busters slate and glass calls are excellent. For the price and availability I'd be ordering from him if I was you. After season I'm going to put in for another order.

shoer2

Busters red slate is a great call.

Gobbler2577

I really appreciate the kind words guys.  Really this year has been a whirlwind of new things and I am not sure I have fully realized all of it yet.  I am still working my list down and hoping to be caught up shortly.  That being said, I MUST get my shop insulated and air conditioned before long so expect some down time soon.  I can handle getting a little cold, but I cant work in this heat for very long.  I want to thank everyone who has bought calls and also those who have sent buddies to me.  This time last year I never dreamed anyone would ever want what I made.  I must say that getting to meet so many folks has been the high point of it all and I must say I have new friends that have become very dear to me.  I will continue to do my best to get calls made to the best of my ability and shipped quickly.  Thank you all very much.
Buster.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Bowguy

Schaffer Atomic 13, prob my most successful call. MAC or Blackstone anondized aluminum, run em you'll see why. Got a Lonzo Green slate that I used 3 times this year. Once a bird hung up just under 50, once I killed a double beard and the last time a friend n I doubled. First time I ever messed w green slate. Suffice to say not last.
Another call seems to be losing steam is Dawkins stoned aluminum. Seems pierce the woods and get em to gobble when others won't.
No call is guaranteed so just get something you don't have. These are good suggestions to consider

va longbeard

Another vote for Buster great slate and glass calls

MAC walnut green slate

Dawkins stoned aluminum

Tomspur

Does anyone have buster halfords contact #

Mathews.1

REBELYELL

Quote from: Gobbler2577 on May 20, 2019, 03:28:51 PM
I really appreciate the kind words guys.  Really this year has been a whirlwind of new things and I am not sure I have fully realized all of it yet.  I am still working my list down and hoping to be caught up shortly.  That being said, I MUST get my shop insulated and air conditioned before long so expect some down time soon.  I can handle getting a little cold, but I cant work in this heat for very long.  I want to thank everyone who has bought calls and also those who have sent buddies to me.  This time last year I never dreamed anyone would ever want what I made.  I must say that getting to meet so many folks has been the high point of it all and I must say I have new friends that have become very dear to me.  I will continue to do my best to get calls made to the best of my ability and shipped quickly.  Thank you all very much.
Buster.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

:icon_thumright:

MK M GOBL

Can't beat a CODY World Class Slate! Been a killer for 20+ years and counting.

I'd be contacting now if looking for next year.

MK M GOBL