Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you were going to buy a new turkey slayer????

Started by Chilly, May 03, 2011, 04:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilly

If you were going to buy a new 12 ga semi-auto turkey gun (set up for turkey only and nothing else) what would you buy? 
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

Dawn2Dusk

Benelli SBE, but I'd opt for a pump and get a Remington 870.

A Remington 870 is like a hot rod car nut's Chevy.  Everyone makes something cool for it and everyone has tricked them out in ever known way possible.
"Enjoying The Outdoors One Sunrise At A Time"

Fastcat

Turkey and nothing else?  I would go with a mossberg 935.  I have never owned one but I am new believer in the patterns that the 835 produces.  Plus you would need a second morgage!  That being said I'm a pump guy.  Also I'm not a SBE fan.

goblr77

coyotetrpr

Mossberg 835 or 935. I have an 835 and will be getting a 935. End of story in my opinion. You could pay 1000 to 1500 for some others, but I personally don't think that you get any more capable gun. In fact I think you get a little less turkey gun with the high dollar models(pattern and Mossberg is made in the USA0
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Turkasaurus

SBEII with pistol grip stock and Nikon Monarch scope!   :z-guntootsmiley:
Fueled by Nitro Ammo Co.

grousec

Semi Auto turkey only, first choice: 935, secong choice steoger 3500.

allchokedup

Benelli M2 with a steadygrip stock in APG camo. Then I would put an Eotech 512 Holo. scope in APG camo on it and tip it off with an I/C choke. I like 3" shells , but if I was using 3 1/2" shells, it would be the SBE II set up the same.

mossy835

Semi auto also the Mossberg 935 (have the 835) check the site for your best choke choice and go for it. Put a Mueller on mine so far it is great for my needs. Change chokes and hunt coyotes and or pheasants. Have fun and good luck.

ILIKEHEVI-13

The Moss 935 hands down for the best shooter.  If I wanted pure quality and that is all I cared about and price was no object, I would opt for the Win SX3 or Benelli Super Black Eagle II.  But the 935 will be more than you need.  And you can buy one for around $450. 

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Turkey and nothing else?  I would go with a Mossberg 935.

Snoody Bastid

Quote from: allchokedup on May 03, 2011, 05:27:15 PM
Benelli M2 with a steadygrip stock in APG camo. Then I would put an Eotech 512 Holo. scope in APG camo on it and tip it off with an I/C choke. I like 3" shells , but if I was using 3 1/2" shells, it would be the SBE II set up the same.
[/quote^ That, but with a Pure Gold.

beagler

Strictly for best pattern, Mossberg 935.
For best quality overall, Benelli SBE 2.
I'm currently shooting a Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835 as well.
:z-guntootsmiley:
Never Misses

Mild Bill

I don't know enough about mossbergs current offerings to say anything one way or the other about them.

I do know I like Beretta semi autos, and am looking to get myself an Xtrema 2 for "heavy duty" use.

The beretta semi- autos fit me the best, and have a good track record.

You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

JustinM

Quote from: beagler on May 03, 2011, 07:37:35 PM
Strictly for best pattern, Mossberg 935.
For best quality overall, Benelli SBE 2.
I'm currently shooting a Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835 as well.
:z-guntootsmiley:
:agreed:

Justin =D
Mossberg 935, IC. 675. choke with EoTech 512 Holo sight.