turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what constriction for H-13 #7 and SBEII

Started by nyhunter, May 03, 2011, 06:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyhunter

I have a SBEII with a 24" barrel. I was wondering what choke and constriction your getting the best patterns out of your SBE II's

SumToy

ST 648 to 650 will like any shell. 670 675 will like the HTL.  The HV-13 choke works from what we been told.  Some like IC and PG
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

vaturkey

Quote from: nyhunter on May 03, 2011, 06:01:44 AM
I have a SBEII with a 24" barrel. I was wondering what choke and constriction your getting the best patterns out of your SBE II's

I have the exact same gun . I use a Indian Creek choke in .665. Works great for me !  :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Mossy517

The ol' man shot a bird this morning at 35 steps with my brothers SBEII.

Factory full choke and 3.5" #7, he said it did a number on that bird, picked him up and laid him down!
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

Turkasaurus

On a 60 degree day, my buddys' SBEII with .665 IC, put 220 into 10" @ 40 lasered yards. Load was Hevi-13 3.5" 2 1/4oz 7's. My Nova with a .655 outshoots his setup, though mine is 28" barrel. I would give a .660 a try in your SBEII as well. Let us know how it does.

Fueled by Nitro Ammo Co.

beagler

Getting good results with my Rhino (.660).
Never Misses

allaboutshooting

Quote from: nyhunter on May 03, 2011, 06:01:44 AM

I shoot a variety of Benelli shotguns with a number of different barrel lengths, including 24".

With 3" or 3.5" Hevi-13 shotshells (I prefer the 3") with #6 or #7 shot "tighter" chokes normally work best for me but it's really all about the internal geometry of the choke itself. I've found that chokes with exit diameters of .640 to .650 can produce outstanding patterns at 40 yards and if properly constructed, won't produce baseball sized patterns at 20 yards.

The Wright's (Limited Production) #3 turkey choke or the SSX both work very well in my Benelli shotguns.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

ahfox16

.655 Mad Max no ported (made by Indian Creek).  That combo is awesome out of my Benelli shooting either blends or straight 7's.

K9-Doc

Like Clark said.   :z-guntootsmiley:SBE 2  likes tighter constrictions.  Why does everyone recommend a .660 to .665???  Because it is the  most widely available constriction and handles many different sizes of shot and types of shot with acceptable results.  A constriction of less than .660 harder to find, so most shoot what is readily available.  If you want to maximize your pattern density, get in touch with Rob Roberts at Gobbler Guns.  He does all Benelli custom shop turkey guns.  I shoot his choke with .640 constriction.  It will shoot with any and out shoot most on this forum with Hevi 7s.  He will work with you to get the pattern you want.  Open hunting pattern with good 20-30 inch even coverage or a Turkey Sniper Shotgun!  Great guys and good customer service.
Just my 2 cents.