OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SumToy + 870SM + #7s= Tom

Started by wisconsinteacher, May 02, 2011, 06:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

My dad use my 870 Mag, I used my new to me 870 SM to kill this tom.  I used 3.5" #7 HeviShot with a .670" SumToy choke.  The bird was at 40 yards.  I put the sneak on him so the shot was a little rushed and I believe I hit a little low.  I did aim where the neck meets the feathers.  At that shot the bird dropped like a ton.  He did flop a few times.  The shot broke his neck and the wing that was facing me and some of the shot went into the breast and body cavity.  I did not have to stand on his neck at all. 

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

paturkeyhntr

Good deal!!!!   What barrel length?  I may be buying a sumtoy for an 870 I just bought.  It has a 23" barrel.  Did you pattern the gun?

cannonball

wisconsinteacher

I have a 26" barrel.  I shot it at 40 yards and got 211 in 10" and it was 23 degrees outside. 

davisd9

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on May 03, 2011, 11:08:17 AM
I have a 26" barrel.  I shot it at 40 yards and got 211 in 10" and it was 23 degrees outside. 

Glad I do not have to turkey hunt in that temperature.  The coldest I hunted here in SC was like 45 degrees.   :o
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

wisconsinteacher

That was a week before season.  So far this year, 19 is the coldest morning for me.  I feel like I am deer hunting at times in that weather.

SumToy

Yall make me cold just reading about this. LoL.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

beagler

Never Misses

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"