turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi-shot or Heavyweight

Started by edward.penny, April 30, 2019, 03:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edward.penny

If you had the choice between #6 Heavyweight or #7 hevi-shot for 20ga which would you choose?

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

drakehammer

HW-15 #6s all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

HVWT 6's, ---with the right choke you have a good 10" at 40yds for for head neck shot.

if you need a follow up shot the HVWT 6's have the power to stop a turkey

Tom Foolery

I've never shot the Federal 6's but I have killed several with H13 7's.  If your gun throws a good pattern with the 6's then that would be the way to go but I've seen several posts where guys can't get good patterns. The 7's shoot good in pretty much everything.    The 7's would be my pick.

Fullfan

Also the Federal Heviweights....
Don't gobble at me...

donjuan

Hevi 7s will give a denser and more forgiving pattern and still kill him as far as the rules allow to speak of
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

tnanh

Heavyweight would not give consistent numbers or Point of impact in any gun or choke I shot them through. Was very frustrating so I sold all of mine and went with Hevi 13 7s. Very happy with the decision.

drakehammer

Quote from: tnanh on May 07, 2019, 11:47:47 PM
Heavyweight would not give consistent numbers or Point of impact in any gun or choke I shot them through. Was very frustrating so I sold all of mine and went with Hevi 13 7s. Very happy with the decision.
Thats due to the crappy wad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk