turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Red Wolfe GOBBLE call replacement reeds

Started by Tombomb, April 03, 2019, 12:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombomb

Anyone know where I can get a replacement reed or how to make one for the Red Wolfe GOBBLE shaker? Can't seem to find any information on it online and only one other post on it but it was never updated.

dswmsn

This is all the information that I have, but note it dates back to 2008. I don't think the Red Wolfe gobble call is made anymore. The reed is an integral part of the replacement sound chamber, so I don't think it is a simple matter of just replacing a reed. The rubber tube portion of mine has gotten a little stiff, so I can get the best gobble out of pumping it instead of shaking it side to side. I might try restoring it by applying some LaCrosse rubber boot treatment on the rubber bell.

dswmsn

You might be able to replace the grey colored reed on the sound chamber after all. See photo. BTW, after removing the rubber tube and flexing it around a bit and then replacing it on the plastic horn mine sounds like new. I think the rubber just needed to be made pliable again after so many years. I think I bought mine in the mid 90's.

ferocious calls

Call Mike Wolfe. Same number on the end of the call. Do it quickly though.