News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The 'NE CALLMAKERS SUMMIT' & 'GUNS and LOBSTER BASH

Started by Sir-diealot, April 02, 2019, 12:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 20, 2019, 09:38:51 PM
Looks like I may not be going after all, the power steering went out in my friends vehicle and he is not sure when they will have it fixed. The people he is getting it worked on at are the same people that burnt up my Ram Charger so I have very little if any faith it will be done in time.
Surely a church member or someone else can help you out with ride... this would be heart breaking .. good luck , i hope you get to go.. it a chance of lifetime ... i see a lot of call builders stocking up with calls for the show , some calls are special made just for the show ...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 21, 2019, 02:01:34 AM
Looks like I may not be going after all, the power steering went out in my friends vehicle and he is not sure when they will have it fixed. The people he is getting it worked on at are the same people that burnt up my Ram Charger so I have very little if any faith it will be done in time.
Surely a church member or someone else can help you out with ride... this would be heart breaking .. good luck , i hope you get to go.. it a chance of lifetime ... i see a lot of call builders stocking up with calls for the show , some calls are special made just for the show ...
The only person I know that would be able to let me use a vehicle that day says he does not think he can do it, he has been driving around a Mennonite and his son that has cancer so that obviously has to take  precedence. Everybody else I know is working as it is a Friday.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 21, 2019, 10:28:35 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on August 21, 2019, 02:01:34 AM
The only person I know that would be able to let me use a vehicle that day says he does not think he can do it, he has been driving around a Mennonite and his son that has cancer so that obviously has to take  precedence. Everybody else I know is working as it is a Friday.
Go down to your local car dealership and tell them you want to test drive new or used car and go to the call show , them bring it back and tell them it wasn't what you wanted ...

Sir-diealot

Car dealerships must be much more trusting in your area than mine, lol I did get in touch with my Pastor and I will be getting his second vehicle after church tonight. It's not a van or car and will be interesting to get in and out of but at least I have a way to get there for sure now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 21, 2019, 04:59:53 PM
Car dealerships must be much more trusting in your area than mine, lol I did get in touch with my Pastor and I will be getting his second vehicle after church tonight. It's not a van or car and will be interesting to get in and out of but at least I have a way to get there for sure now.
Awesome , glad your getting to go....

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 21, 2019, 06:02:00 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 21, 2019, 04:59:53 PM
Awesome , glad your getting to go....
Thanks me too, I do not go to many events and this is one I really wanted to make it to. We will have a vehicle soon after this and I hope to make my states next NWTF event as well, I went to one back in 98 and I really enjoyed it.

John Koenig:

TauntoHawk

Well I called Pete and said my father and I won't be coming. I had saved some good $$ to buy a whole list full of calls from some of the truly great makers that will be there, boxes for both marlin, and Fulkerson, an Alaskan yellow cedar scratch box from Scott baseshore  scratcher form Mike lapp and so on But I very unexpectedly was laid off this week during a re-organization so that money needs put back into my family's pockets. I'm not a fan of test driving cars I know I can't afford and lack the will power to try and not buy calls so I decided it's best not to attend this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on August 22, 2019, 01:01:18 PM
Well I called Pete and said my father and I won't be coming. I had saved some good $$ to buy a whole list full of calls from some of the truly great makers that will be there, boxes for both marlin, and Fulkerson, an Alaskan yellow cedar scratch box from Scott baseshore  scratcher form Mike lapp and so on But I very unexpectedly was laid off this week during a re-organization so that money needs put back into my family's pockets. I'm not a fan of test driving cars I know I can't afford and lack the will power to try and not buy calls so I decided it's best not to attend this year.

I am sorry to hear that, I truly hope you can find other work soon. Sorry you won't be able to make it as well, I was looking forward to meeting you but I truly do understand having to budget.

I saved a bit, had to spend a bit of it early this month on the dog, wedding present and so on so I will have a little less than I thought but I should be able to get 3 really nice calls.

John Koenig:

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 22, 2019, 01:08:59 PM

I am sorry to hear that, I truly hope you can find other work soon. Sorry you won't be able to make it as well, I was looking forward to meeting you but I truly do understand having to budget.

I saved a bit, had to spend a bit of it early this month on the dog, wedding present and so on so I will have a little less than I thought but I should be able to get 3 really nice calls.
Thank, I haven't been without a job since being in school so it's an odd feeling. Financial ill be fine but I want to remain diligent through the transition and the lord has blessed me with more calls then I could carry so there just isn't a need to buy more

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on August 22, 2019, 07:58:15 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 22, 2019, 01:08:59 PM

Thank, I haven't been without a job since being in school so it's an odd feeling. Financial ill be fine but I want to remain diligent through the transition and the lord has blessed me with more calls then I could carry so there just isn't a need to buy more

Excellent attitude to have.

John Koenig:

ChiefBubba

I'm staying at the Quality Inn in Owego if anyone is around we can meet up.  Bubba

MDTOM84

Quote from: ChiefBubba on August 23, 2019, 08:13:48 AM
I'm staying at the Quality Inn in Owego if anyone is around we can meet up.  Bubba
we are staying there to. As soon as I get the kids ready we will be up and moving

Sir-diealot

Bringing a blanket and pillow to sleep in the car if I have to and if my body will let me.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Had a great time, met some people from here, ChiefBubba (Looked for you to say goodbye but could not find you, sorry did not mean to be rude), Tony AKA EZ (I know how to pronounce your last name now),  Mike from Spring Creek Calls, Matt Fulkerson, Jimmy Schaffer and other call maker as well, all wonderful people to talk with and learn from. I will start a thread tomorrow unless somebody else does for people to show off what they got there. I was able to get from two of the 3 I really wanted to get from and will be getting something from the third in the future. Really had a good time, good food and very relaxed atmosphere, much smaller and friendlier venue than I had expected.

John Koenig:

Beards and Hooks

Sounds like a great time Sir, and looking forward to seeing what you got.