OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The 'NE CALLMAKERS SUMMIT' & 'GUNS and LOBSTER BASH

Started by Sir-diealot, April 02, 2019, 12:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: EZ on August 16, 2019, 09:11:34 AM
Make sure you guys introduce yourselves and give your Old Gobbler name also. I'll be sharing a table with Lee Bowles. Come over and we'll run some calls baby, lol.

Pete puts out a great spread and the food is always excellent.
Bringing the one I got from you to get some tips :D
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ChiefBubba on August 15, 2019, 08:30:45 PM
When I hunted there last October. He made one with White Clam sauce. That was excellent.
I'm just sort of looking for local foods from the area. I've seen something called a Garbage Plate?
I like try local things. Bubbahttp://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,92273.0.html#lastPost
I have never had one but I got a hold of a friend that eats them often and he says Charlie's Right by Aldis on 5&20 in Canandaigua is good. I know there is also a place  in Watkins Glenn that is supposed to have a good one, I do not know the name of it though but will try to find out for you. Do you know what area you may want to stop to eat? I am guessing on your way home since there will be food at the event.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

NE CALL MAKERS SUMMIT and GUNS "N" LOBSTER BASH Attendees! Please note the starting times for both events!

Friday's Brick Oven Fare ~ Wood-Fired Pizza, Roast Beef on Kimmelweck Rolls, Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork BBQ, Sherry's lodge-made Sides, Salads & Sauces! Dioos open @ 2 pm....... Serving 3-7 pm.

Saturday's Bash ~ 12 oz. Grilled New York Strip Steaks, Whole Maine Lobsters 'N' Butter, Salt Potatoes, Garden Salad, Dinner Rolls and Candor's own.... 'Highway Dairy Bar' Ice Cream Sandwiches! Doors open @ noon....... Serving @ 1 pm.

Cash Bar both days featuring a good selection of beer and wines.

John Koenig:

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 15, 2019, 09:18:23 PM
Quote from: Beards and Hooks on August 15, 2019, 08:50:54 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 15, 2019, 06:04:41 PM
Quote from: doublespurs21 on August 15, 2019, 05:40:02 PM
who has time to look at / buy calls, when Pete is going to have Pizza  to eat..........................
Really looking forward to trying the garlic pizza, I have not had a good garlic pizza in many, many years. You can't even get a decent thick crust pizza around here. From looking at the site I think his is the thin crust style which seems to be more popular here in CNY whereas where I grew up in WNY thick crust was much more popular. Who knows though, maybe they do both.
[/quote            You have heard of Pudgies Pizza I take it, unfortunately i guess they are few and far in between now? My favorite pizza growing up in NY. When i go back home now we usually get Marks pizzeria not as good as Pudgies but the same type of pizza which is always a sheet pizza.
You are going to hate me but I refer to Pudgies as Sludgies. I am not a fan at all, it was the first pizza I had when I moved here from the Buffalo area and I was unimpressed. Do not take that badly though, there has only been 4 places here that I have found that I liked in the 28 years I have lived here. One was Scuteries in Watkins Glenn but they went out of business (Divorce) but the husband now runs a place down the road called
Scuteri's Cannoli Connection. One was in Waterloo but they sold out and the people that bought it ran it out of business in a hurry. One is a place in Clifton Springs and I do not recall the name of the place but right now the husband is in Italy caring for his elderly mother and his wife is cooking and sorry to say she is not as good a cook as her husband, not bad though, he is clearly better though. The last was a place called Leo's and it was run by some rich kid who's parents bought him the business to teach him responsibility and it did not work, he got bored with it and let it go under. He had the best garlic pizza I ever have had bar none. Even his crust was top of the line. I am really picky about pizza, my father was Italian and the best cook I have ever experienced in my life, he could make a shoe sole take good.

Edit: Marks pizzeria is not very good for pizza but they do make decent subs. Way to much dough and not enough ingredients on their pizza, always be sure to order double sauce.
No big deal but growing up like I said I loved Pudgies it's a shame most are gone now. Marks is one of the places I know of that makes the sheet pizzas like pudgies, I like the pizza from them but the consistency is sometimes lacking. There was a place in Sodus 10-12 years back Double J's i liked but it went out of business. From the Buffalo area, I am hoping your a Bills fan then!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on August 17, 2019, 10:34:11 PM
who has time to look at / buy calls, when Pete is going to have Pizza  to eat..........................
Really looking forward to trying the garlic pizza, I have not had a good garlic pizza in many, many years. You can't even get a decent thick crust pizza around here. From looking at the site I think his is the thin crust style which seems to be more popular here in CNY whereas where I grew up in WNY thick crust was much more popular. Who knows though, maybe they do both.
[/quote            You have heard of Pudgies Pizza I take it, unfortunately i guess they are few and far in between now? My favorite pizza growing up in NY. When i go back home now we usually get Marks pizzeria not as good as Pudgies but the same type of pizza which is always a sheet pizza.
You are going to hate me but I refer to Pudgies as Sludgies. I am not a fan at all, it was the first pizza I had when I moved here from the Buffalo area and I was unimpressed. Do not take that badly though, there has only been 4 places here that I have found that I liked in the 28 years I have lived here. One was Scuteries in Watkins Glenn but they went out of business (Divorce) but the husband now runs a place down the road called
Scuteri's Cannoli Connection. One was in Waterloo but they sold out and the people that bought it ran it out of business in a hurry. One is a place in Clifton Springs and I do not recall the name of the place but right now the husband is in Italy caring for his elderly mother and his wife is cooking and sorry to say she is not as good a cook as her husband, not bad though, he is clearly better though. The last was a place called Leo's and it was run by some rich kid who's parents bought him the business to teach him responsibility and it did not work, he got bored with it and let it go under. He had the best garlic pizza I ever have had bar none. Even his crust was top of the line. I am really picky about pizza, my father was Italian and the best cook I have ever experienced in my life, he could make a shoe sole take good.

Edit: Marks pizzeria is not very good for pizza but they do make decent subs. Way to much dough and not enough ingredients on their pizza, always be sure to order double sauce.
No big deal but growing up like I said I loved Pudgies it's a shame most are gone now. Marks is one of the places I know of that makes the sheet pizzas like pudgies, I like the pizza from them but the consistency is sometimes lacking. There was a place in Sodus 10-12 years back Double J's i liked but it went out of business. From the Buffalo area, I am hoping your a Bills fan then!
To be honest I stopped watching the NFL after they started to disrespect the American Flag. I am a Pittsburgh STEELERS fan though my father played part of a season for the NY Giants before he was cut because he was legally blind in his left eye. That is one story I have heard on why he was cut, the other story was that there was somebody up and coming and had a relative in the Giants organization and politics is why he was cut, I do not know, I was not born for close to two years later. Here is his draft notice. Funny thing about it though, there is now separation between the San and marco in out name, it is a common misspelling. The other common misspellings are SanMarco instead of Sanmarco or Sanmarco's where they try to make us Spanish instead of Italian. Also he is called Carl in this which is funny to me because that was not really his first name and the one and only person I have ever heard call him Carl was my mother. His name was Carmello

John Koenig:

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 17, 2019, 11:03:20 PM

To be honest I stopped watching the NFL after they started to disrespect the American Flag. I am a Pittsburgh STEELERS fan though my father played part of a season for the NY Giants before he was cut because he was legally blind in his left eye. That is one story I have heard on why he was cut, the other story was that there was somebody up and coming and had a relative in the Giants organization and politics is why he was cut, I do not know, I was not born for close to two years later. Here is his draft notice. Funny thing about it though, there is now separation between the San and marco in out name, it is a common misspelling. The other common misspellings are SanMarco instead of Sanmarco or Sanmarco's where they try to make us Spanish instead of Italian. Also he is called Carl in this which is funny to me because that was not really his first name and the one and only person I have ever heard call him Carl was my mother. His name was Carmello
That is very cool about your dad Sir but a bummer that your from near Buffalo and a steelers fan  ;D huge Bills fan here and I think things are starting to look up for them.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on August 17, 2019, 11:19:56 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 17, 2019, 11:03:20 PM

That is very cool about your dad Sir but a bummer that your from near Buffalo and a steelers fan  ;D huge Bills fan here and I think things are starting to look up for them.
Growing up in Lockport about half and hour to 45 minutes from Orchard Park where the bills play I routed for them because they were the local team but in all honestly I was never a huge fan. When I was out on my own and able to get cable and see out of region games I really fell in love with how the STEELERS played the game and I love their colors as well. After the Bills lost 4 Super Bowls in a row that just did it in for me. That and I got to meet Jim Kelly in a bar one night and if you are from the area you may know of the night, it was the night he grabbed a young woman around the throat and that is what completely turned me from the team, it happened, I was there and saw it with my own eyes but they buried it because he was their franchise player. I HATE a woman beater, no use for them whatsoever and I have never rooted for them again unless the were player against Dallas or New England.

Now I know that is going to bring up Roethlisberger and the charges against him, I read all of the charges that were made public, the first woman had sex with him then went downstairs and met with her friends and told them "I just had sex with Ben Roethlisberger, I hope I am pregnant so me and my baby will be rich" Right there she is a liar. The second admitted to lying eventually and the third one was really odd, she and her friends told I think it was 5 different stories and in each case it was told almost identically, word for word, that is not something that happens in sworn statements. I mean maybe ones but each time they changed it their words were almost identical each of the 5 times which leads me and the police to believe it was all a setup. Like the Sheriff of the area the third happened in said "We enforce the law, not mortality and there is no evidence of a crime, just immorality" or something very close to those words.

John Koenig:

Beards and Hooks

Understandable why you stopped rooting for them, Kelly had his demons but seems like a changed man for the last 20 years or so. Roethlisberger in my opinion is a dirtball, but hey we all have our own opinions. Have fun at the bash and looking forward to hearing what calls you come back with.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on August 17, 2019, 11:50:34 PM
   Understandable why you stopped rooting for them, Kelly had his demons but seems like a changed man for the last 20 years or so. Roethlisberger in my opinion is a dirtball, but hey we all have our own opinions. Have fun at the bash and looking forward to hearing what calls you come back with.
My Deacons wife is dying, they are trying to build a porch for her to sit on so she can watch the sunsets and relax with what time she has left, I am not going to be able to get as much because I donated to that but that is just fine to me, she and my Deacon have been so good to me over the years I just had to donate.
When you ask if a person is truly a Christian I can tell you right now there is zero doubt in my mind about them, I have met few people that have professed to be Christians that I have had zero doubt in my mind that they truly Christians are and they are two of them. Please keep her in your prayers.

John Koenig:

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 18, 2019, 12:11:15 AM
My Deacons wife is dying, they are trying to build a porch for her to sit on so she can watch the sunsets and relax with what time she has left, I am not going to be able to get as much because I donated to that but that is just fine to me, she and my Deacon have been so good to me over the years I just had to donate.
When you ask if a person is truly a Christian I can tell you right now there is zero doubt in my mind about them, I have met few people that have professed to be Christians that I have had zero doubt in my mind that they truly Christians are and they are two of them. Please keep her in your prayers.
Sorry to hear that, she is in my thoughts Sir.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on August 18, 2019, 12:30:11 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 18, 2019, 12:11:15 AM
Sorry to hear that, she is in my thoughts Sir.
Thank you very much.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Weather is looking good for it. Nice and cool. Slight chance of rain.

John Koenig:

ChiefBubba

I've been watching the weather the last few days. This ole Florida boy is thinking what jacket he needs. LOL  :blob10: Bubba

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ChiefBubba on August 19, 2019, 01:45:18 PM
I've been watching the weather the last few days. This ole Florida boy is thinking what jacket he needs. LOL  :blob10: Bubba
I am most worried about wet feet, I only have heavy winter boots that are waterproof, but there is only a 30% chance of rain. I will have 2 T-Shirts with me just because I sweat so profusely and may bring that new camo long sleeve shirt I asked about here the other day, that will give me a reason to work the buttons on it. :D

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Looks like I may not be going after all, the power steering went out in my friends vehicle and he is not sure when they will have it fixed. The people he is getting it worked on at are the same people that burnt up my Ram Charger so I have very little if any faith it will be done in time.

John Koenig: