News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First custom box

Started by Southerngobbler, March 31, 2019, 08:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote1

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 01, 2019, 08:35:00 PM
SS field grade kwila over butternut.  You're welcome.

X2. Killer wood combo from Al and Josh.

Sir-diealot

Looking up some of the names mentioned in this thread and I just realized that Ernie Fetter is less than an hour from me, going to have to see if I can go there and look at some of his calls one day. Hope he will be at the Call Makers Summit at Turkey Trot this year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tracker#1

X3 on Jeff White, granadillo / butternut,  all turkey , can't  go wrong  with any call makers  here on OG or butternut . IMO

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tiberiuswade

Try Crowell custom calls in Houston

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

yelpy

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 02, 2019, 01:52:17 AM
Looking up some of the names mentioned in this thread and I just realized that Ernie Fetter is less than an hour from me, going to have to see if I can go there and look at some of his calls one day. Hope he will be at the Call Makers Summit at Turkey Trot this year.
Better have some cash in hand because you will want them all. LOL!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Shoebuck

David Halloran makes a great box at a reasonable price

ferocious calls

My first custom call was made by myself. Ferocious calls. Lots of dust since then. Not producing the volumes as past years due to life's twists and turns. Still making the wood talk though.

Chris O

Quote from: coyote1 on April 02, 2019, 01:30:14 AM
Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 01, 2019, 08:35:00 PM
SS field grade kwila over butternut.  You're welcome.

X2. Killer wood combo from Al and Josh.
X3 I was playing mine a couple days ago and for the money it is very hard to beat.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: yelpy on April 07, 2019, 07:20:36 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 02, 2019, 01:52:17 AM
Better have some cash in hand because you will want them all. LOL!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
I fear you are correct.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Caspar

Quote from: tracker#1 on April 02, 2019, 07:54:44 PM
X3 on Jeff White, granadillo / butternut,  all turkey , can't  go wrong  with any call makers  here on OG or butternut . IMO

have you tried a granadillo over black limba? if not i highly recommend it. it is all turkey and super easy to play. out of the 12 boxes i have its my favorite and will have a permanent spot in my vest this year

tracker#1

Next  on my list. .thanks

Turkeytider

Another plug for SS Custom Calls. The Field Grade might be one of the best deals on the market. I have a walnut over poplar that just sounds great. At my request, one side is higher pitched, not much rasp like a younger hen. The other side is deeper, more "mature" sounding. Just quality box calls at a more than reasonable price. Just don`t have all the checkering and pretty stuff. They are hunting calls.

Muzzy61

another vote for SS Custom Calls
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Chris O

Too many to list I agree with everyone!!!! I will add a henbox from Hudson and Fulkerson

Spitten and drummen

Marlin watkins fiddle box would get my vote.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE