OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning Bps 10 gauge NWTF Edition

Started by RED NECK, March 30, 2019, 07:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I have a chance to add the 10 gauge Bps NWTF to my collection tomorrow as there is one for sale local for a decent price and in excellent shape with a few boxes of goose ammo and a few of turkey shells,along with three chokes.I had a 10 ga bps stalker and still have a box of ammo here for it.My favorite turkey gun ever built is my 12 gauge bps NWTF 3.5" that I own.I think this gun will complete my thirst for turkey gun collection if It is in as good a shape as it looks.

I am confident I will be coming home with it and can't wait to pattern it.If all goes well,I am taking it opening morning this year.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

deerpoo22

My favorite 10 ga. Had one a few years ago with turkeys engraved on side and geese on the other. Regret it everyday that I sold it. Heavy gun but makes shooting these 2.5 oz turkey loads managable.

BrowningGuy88

1iagobblergetter

Post a picture of it if you get it. I had a BPS 10g. years ago and still to this day it was the hardest kicking gun Ive ever had and i have a bunch...If it weren't for that I would still have it. Goodluck I hope it's in great shape.

Rem Man

Awesome gun!' I love mine! The gun shoots great. I run a .720 rhino and shoot nitro 4,5,7 and apex tss 9. The patterns are awesome. I don't think the gun kicks as bad as a 3.5 12 and I weigh 167 lbs. I think you will love the gun!!!

Gen.27:3

I had one about a decade ago, it was the best patterning factory gun that I have had. I had a Pure Gold choke in mine. However, it was hands down the hardest kicking Turkey gun I have owned, and I have 5 different 10ga Turkey guns.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

RED NECK

I am leaving in about 30 minutes to go look it over,It is about a 45 minute drive.We have had rain for 36 hours,there is 4" of water in my basement and it turned to snow overnight an there is a good 4-5" of fresh snow.The weather is enough to make you want to vomit.The "kick" does not bother me as I am a bigger guy and have never had any issues handling it,also never felt it when pulling the trigger on a tom.The gun is basically going to be half price of buying it new,and a sling with 4 boxes of ammo helps out.I believe it has a turkey choke with it,I am not planning on putting any more coin into it this year so I do hope it patterns good with the choke and ammo I will have for it.

RED NECK

I just got home,I ended up buying the gun.He was originally asking $800.00 Canadian for gun with 4 boxes of ammo,2 boxes of turkey shells and two of goose shells,a sling and three chokes.I got everything for $700,I tried to get it for lower but he was firm at $700.The gun is in mint shape and I fired it at his farm as well.That gun new would run me $1300 Canadian without a sling or ammo.I will post a picture here shortly.

deerpoo22

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 31, 2019, 11:37:48 AM
I just got home,I ended up buying the gun.He was originally asking $800.00 Canadian for gun with 4 boxes of ammo,2 boxes of turkey shells and two of goose shells,a sling and three chokes.I got everything for $700,I tried to get it for lower but he was firm at $700.The gun is in mint shape and I fired it at his farm as well.That gun new would run me $1300 Canadian without a sling or ammo.I will post a picture here shortly.
Congrats on a nice grab!. I have a hard time believing others saying it's the hardest kicking gun they shot. It's a pump yes but weighs over 3 lbs more then 90% of 12 gauges out there. My SBE2 was downright vicious in comparison to my 10. A recoil calculator doesn't tell the whole story but see for yourself what a difference 3lbs makes

RED NECK

Pretty happy with my purchase,as I have been looking for the hr 10 gauge single shot for about 5 years,this purchase ended that search.The gun is a 9.9-10,there is a small scuff on the stock and you can barely notice it.He purchased this new and took it goose hunting twice and it has been a safe queen for years.I believe this gun to be a 2009-2010 from the camo finish on it as it has the same break up as my 12 gauge 3.5 and I bought it in 2011.

RED NECK

hard to get good pictures on this forum,here is a few others.

RED NECK

I attached the tri viz sight and screwed the extra full turkey choke in and can't wait to put some shells through the gun this week or next weekend.

I have two boxes of Winchester supreme in #4 2 oz that came with the gun and one box of Remington Magnum #4 2 1/4 oz that I purchased for my bps stalker in 2010.Let the fun begin.

Ridge Rooster

Nice find. I had one a few years back. Never hunted with it and traded it off for something, can't even remember what, but I wish I had not. Let us know how she does.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

RED NECK

I spoke with the shop I buy most of my turkey chokes and shells from and they can bring me in Federal Grand slam in a #4 or #5 and the Winchester Double XX in either #4 or #5 2 oz   

I am tempted to have them bring me in a box each of the 4 and 5 for both shells to try out along with what I already have,I do not mind spending the money but I am intrigued to see if one shell will pattern a lot better than any other with the browning extra full turkey choke.The worst I can see is the shells I have pattern better,oh well.You can never have to many shells.

Any of you have a preference?The price is more than reasonable for the shells,the Winchesters are 3 dollars more a box but all are under $30.00 which is not common.

the Ward

Congrats on your new gun, looks really nice! I have a bps 10 hunter 26" i bought awhile back to replace one i foolishly sold. My first one i bought new in 1990 or 91, it was the engraved version with nice wood and 26" barrel. I have had the recent one set up for turkey and used it for a few seasons, but i have since swapped it back for goose hunting. It is a terrific gun for the layout blind. If i ever run across a 24" barrel at a decent price i would probably get it and start using it for turkey again. I did a lot of patterning and it shot well with several different chokes and loads. I think those new grand slams are going to pattern pretty good. Good luck with your new gun, and keep us informed of your testing if you can.