OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: Production Calls  (Read 1198 times)

Offline btomlin

Re: Production Calls
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2019, 02:44:33 PM »
I have an old H.S. Strut li’l deuce I still use every year.

I have a Lil Duece glass and Lil Duece slate.........I'd probably quit hunting if I lost one of them.  I've called in so many birds with them that it would be like losing a family member.  Hickory on slate and rosewood on glass.  Sometimes, it seems to be almost unfair to the lovesick toms that hear em...almost. 

Offline wolfman

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2019, 02:52:08 PM »
The power crystal is the only production call in my vest that I still use regularly.  I keep a Lynch World Champion in case I ever feel the need to gobble.

I wonder why Primos stopped making the Heartbreaker?  I think I heard somewhere that it was a copy call of Billy White's Hustlin' Hen which is also in my vest.

Online Yoder409

• 2017 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2019, 11:55:47 PM »
That KITS Black Widow helped put 3 more longbeards in the pot this spring.
The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time on the day he wants to die.

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2019, 06:23:36 AM »
I still sometimes use an Ol Yeller,  Lohman Crystal Thunderdome, Quaker Boy Aluminator, and a generic slate in a plastic pot bought at KMart many years ago.

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Online mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2019, 08:09:39 AM »
Field Grade QB Grand Old mast has accounted for about 20 birds.