OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Noisy Benelli Nove Forearm

Started by redarrow, April 30, 2011, 07:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Any ideas on how to quieten the rattles in the forearm of my Nova ????

Fastcat

When I had a nova I called benelli and I could almost hear the shrug on the other end of the line. I was told that is just the way they are. It doesn't hurt anything but I do remember it being annoying.  My nova really patterned well but it just wasn't for me.

redarrow

I really love the gun but it sure is noisy.

lking

It really is the way they are.  Tell us if you find something to cure it.  Been that way for a long time.

jtg88

That is the only reason I'll probably get a new shotgun in the future.  I love my nova but I hate the fact that every time I move around that forearm makes all kind of racket.

Turkbuster

Here is how I quieted down the forend on my Mossberg 835. Take off the barrel and put 3 snug fitting o-rings on the magazine tube. Re-install barrel and pull o-rings tightly against forend. Completely stopped rattle on my gun.

[attachment deleted by admin]

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I bought a Nova and used it for several years.  I got tired of the rattle.  My Nova didn't pattern worth a flip either.  I traded it off.

No more Novas for me.

neal

Mine was the same way, patterend great I guess it didn't really bother me that much but I did just sell it and now I have a SBEII no more rattle well besides rattling gobblers heads!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Turkasaurus

I took mine hunting yesterday and noticed the rattle as I set-up within a hundred yards of a roosted gobbling turk.  Not much of a problem but it is there. Shoots like a house on fire!  :z-guntootsmiley:   :happy0064:
Fueled by Nitro Ammo Co.

Snoody Bastid

I'm a member of the Sold my Nova Club. But when I had it, I did what I had done with my old Ithaca Deer Slayer. I shoved a small square of seat cushion foam under the forearm. Problem solved.

Fastcat

Sounds like we have caused a good supply of used Novas on the market! Its a shame the nova and I couldn't get along it was an early one with realtree xtra brown. I loved that pattern!

redarrow

Quote from: Turkbuster on April 30, 2011, 11:31:58 PM
Here is how I quieted down the forend on my Mossberg 835. Take off the barrel and put 3 snug fitting o-rings on the magazine tube. Re-install barrel and pull o-rings tightly against forend. Completely stopped rattle on my gun.

I like that idea . Thanks a bunch. will be picking up some "O" rings soon.

Snoody Bastid

That is a good idea. And looks a lot less crude than my foam solution.

SumToy

Ok yall had me thinking. I just got mine out in the shop today.  I had never did anything but test. It moves in more then one place.  Front to back is in the bolt. It also rock side to side in bolt.  The front move both ways also. The O-ring or put some foam like go around a door. Put on both side of barrel so when shut it take movement out. Now don't thing it worth the time because it move in the bolt and did not see a way to stop that.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Old Gobbler

Quote from: redarrow on April 30, 2011, 07:17:16 PM
Any ideas on how to quieten the rattles in the forearm of my Nova ????
Take a Allen wrench to the forearm , look at where the forearm attaches to the slides- tighten it up all the way - you will notice a immediate improvement

If that doesn't do it take the forearm off and dremel of some of the inside of the forearm , take your time 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon