OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No Turkey Sign?

Started by ThicketThrasher, April 30, 2011, 07:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThicketThrasher

It's been tough on me this season, as so far I'm turkeyless. I have been doing a lot of exploring on public land searching for some new hot spots. My problem is, I have not been finding very much scratching along the logging roads, sometimes-none at all. In the past, I have always used the formula, no scratching=no turkeys. Granted I am mostly just looking around the roads, but is there any use in hunting a place that lacks obvious sign. About to get desperate in Tennessee.

kyhareraiser

look arround on the steep hillsides that as some flats on it.they will be there..here in ky. the 4wheelers are hitting the trails pretty hard and i too have notied less scratching.but on a walk thriugh a deer trail last week brought me to an area where they had cleared the ground,looking for bugs and acorns i guess becase it's an oak grove they are digging under. well i now know where the deer stay i bet too,trails ,rubs,beds,crap and about everything a deer hunter would look for.go setup on a high knob morning and evening and listen for turkey talk ,and u will find their hangouts