turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Thunder Stick

Started by lastofthebreed, March 20, 2011, 03:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastofthebreed

Sitting around on a Sunday afternoon waiting on April 1 to get here, thought I would share my Thunder Stick with you.

I know it's heresy to do so, but I decided to have my Browning BPS 10 camo dipped.  I searched around and found a local company that would provide the service.  After visiting the shop and talking to the owner, and deciding on a pattern, I disassembled the gun completely and he did the rest.

I got the gun back, put it back together and am pleased with the results.  The pattern is called "God's Country Camo" and I really like it.

Here it is:

The pictures don't really do justice to the pattern, I'm afraid I'll lose the gun if I prop it against an oak or hickory tree.   :newmascot:

Hognutz

Very nice. Is it as light as it looks, colorwise? It almost looks gray..Cool beans, ..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

jake slayer

lastofthebreed

Quote from: Hognutz on March 20, 2011, 04:25:37 PM
Very nice. Is it as light as it looks, colorwise? It almost looks gray..Cool beans, Lastof..Mike :you_rock:

Hog:  It is light colored but not as light as the pictures would lead you to believe.  I've always been fascinated by how difficult it is to pick out a gray squirrel in the woods when he quits moving especially if he is plastered to the trunk of an oak or hickory tree.  This pattern has lots of very subtle shading of black and green in it and I think it is going to be real good in the woods.

OLE RASPY

S.C.C

Basser69

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Beretta686

Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

turkey slayer

Thats a fine looking gun!!

turkeybill34

lastofthebreed

Turkeybill:  $165.00 but as I noted in the post, I had to completely strip it before he would touch it.  No problem but some folks prefer the camo dipper to do the stripping and reassembly.

cannonball

BigMedicine