OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good Turkey Reaping Decoy.

Started by JeremyPennekamp, March 25, 2019, 09:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: fallhnt on March 27, 2019, 01:30:52 PM
To alll the butt hurt non reapers......carry on

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

To all the butt hurt reapers..... carry on.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

g8rvet

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 27, 2019, 01:41:00 PM
Quote from: kytrkyhntr on March 27, 2019, 12:24:44 PM
Y'all can't let anyone just ask a question on here. Nothing more annoying than the turkey hunting  ethics police. Not once in his post did he ask about your opinion. We get it you don't like decoys or reaping and it's dangerious. You're telling that to a grown man. He knows the risks. That's the number one most annoying thing about this website. Someone asks a simple question and y'all flood this mans post with your own opinions that are unrelated to his original post. Let people live. Leave the ranting for Facebook.

Its a public forum that revolves around people expressing their feelings. Ask a question all you want but if you dont get feed back that supports your opinion , dont get butt hurt. Good thing is , if you dont like something posted or it bothers you that some think reaping is not really something special and voice their opinion about it , you are free not to click on it. Now my opinion on reaping has nothing to do with saftey. I could care less if you wanna crawl around with a fan. I dont like it because the fan plays on the birds instinct. They are not smart , they survive on instinct. Their instincts are so strong that all is out the window when they see a fan moving toward them. They are mesmerized and cannot overcome that urge to engage. Frankly you are able to defeat the one trait that keeps them alive making it turkey killing , not hunting.
Now that is an intelligent take on your opinion.  Nothing wrong with that. I actually respect both of these posts.

But it is everyone's God given right to get butt hurt if they want to!  :toothy9:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: catdaddy on March 27, 2019, 01:35:11 PM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 27, 2019, 12:34:20 PM
Quote from: kytrkyhntr on March 27, 2019, 12:24:44 PM
Y'all can't let anyone just ask a question on here. Nothing more annoying than the turkey hunting  ethics police. Not once in his post did he ask about your opinion. We get it you don't like decoys or reaping and it's dangerious. You're telling that to a grown man. He knows the risks. That's the number one most annoying thing about this website. Someone asks a simple question and y'all flood this mans post with your own opinions that are unrelated to his original post. Let people live. Leave the ranting for Facebook.
I have to disagree the most annoying thing on this site is crybaby's with hurt feelings lol. It's been said 100 times this is a hunting forum which is nothing more than a collection of people's opinions. The guy asked for a good turkey "reaping" decoy opinions is what you'll get there is no "best" anything it's all personal opinions. I gave what I think are two very good "reaping" options.
At this time most of the people on this site disagree with reaping, just hold your tears and wait us out eventually ,the way things are going, crutches of various kind will be the norm. And you can strap full bodied Gobbler decoys to your head and run around the woods like a complete idiot and y'all can pat each other on the back and be proud of yourself. Till then you have two options cry to yourself or cry on an open forum while we laugh at you. It's your right as an American to cry whenever you want don't let anyone tell you different

I'd have to disagree. The most annoying thing on this site is self righteous know-it-alls.     
I have to re-disagree see attached post
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

LaLongbeard

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 27, 2019, 12:37:36 PM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 27, 2019, 09:29:32 AM
I don't usually give out my secret hunting techniques but another thread about the turkey umbrella made me decide to help. I'm not sure why the turkey umbrella works so well I think maybe it's the cocky way the Gobbler is tipping his hat or the smile on his face but it infuriates dominant Gobblers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kytrkyhntr

I believe what I posted was mid interpreted. The guys looked to be somewhat new here. Just asking a decoy question. I don't know where the "strap a decoy on your head" comment came from. But hey do you. Just remember unless you're answering the question on someone's post or providing helpful information you sound like a jackass. Lol. You can reap or not. It's all cool with me. I know some of y'all are Daniel Boone that's fine! I won't post on this thread anymore. Sounded like I ruffled enough feathers for the day. Peace out!
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: chadly on March 25, 2019, 08:33:28 PM
Jeremy,  I see you are new to the site.  As you can tell some members here are not welcoming of reaping tools.  For the that matter no blinds or decoys either. And never even think to shoot 41 yards or you will get banned. Unless you can carve a mouth call from an oak branch and call them in close enough to hit them over the head with a spoon your not much of a hunter to some.  Guessing you've been run off by now.  Good luck and be safe.

True
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

LaLongbeard

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on March 27, 2019, 08:03:04 PM
Quote from: chadly on March 25, 2019, 08:33:28 PM
Jeremy,  I see you are new to the site.  As you can tell some members here are not welcoming of reaping tools.  For the that matter no blinds or decoys either. And never even think to shoot 41 yards or you will get banned. Unless you can carve a mouth call from an oak branch and call them in close enough to hit them over the head with a spoon your not much of a hunter to some.  Guessing you've been run off by now.  Good luck and be safe.

True
I thought u peaced out?

LaLongbeard

Quote from: DrDirtNap on March 25, 2019, 01:03:58 PM
Quote from: dejake on March 25, 2019, 11:45:03 AM
The kind you wear on your head, like a hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were the turkey on the head comment came from??? There's always an answer if you know were to look, and I've always thought of myself as more Davy Crockett than Daniel Boone lol

g8rvet

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.