turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Florida Double - The Hard Way

Started by joey46, March 18, 2019, 07:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Larry (pictured on right) and I have hunted together for several years.  This year may have topped them all.  Larry had decided to just call and observe yesterday since a temporary medical condition would not allow him to shoot from his normal (shooting shoulder) on his left side.  We were set up side by side behind some camo netting in a favorite cypress swamp by 6:30am.  Owls hooted.  Turkeys gobbled.  Hens yelped.  We had placed 4 decoys in a dry clearing and about 7:45 a hen appeared followed by two strutters.  The gobblers approached our decoys and I shot one at about 16 yards.  The other gobbler, instead of beating feet, ran up to my flopper and started pecking at him.  Larry decided he could maybe shoot right handed after all and I jacked a second shell into my 870, handed him my gun, and he shot bird number two as he was walking away.  At least our third buddy double.  Fun day.

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Twowithone

Congrats to both of you on your Gobblers.    :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Beards n bbq

albrubacker

Congratulations!! Doubles always are fun.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

chcltlabz

A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Ctrize

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

zelmo1

Congrats, that one will be a great memory. :turkey2:

MO HUNTER

Goodness fellas! Yall are wreckin' em! Congrats on a great hunt with a good friend.

Brizendine1234

randy6471

mtns2hunt

Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Gobbler428

Sweet, congratulations on a fine double and a great memory for both of you.