OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem xf turkey choke

Started by Pfin3, March 18, 2019, 05:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfin3

I have a 21" 870. Wanting to know what kind of luck people have had with the long beard #6. I have a full choke also, so I don't want to spend a bunch of money on cokes that are just going to sit in a drawer. Thanks for reading and answering in advance.

DBell

Quote from: Pfin3 on March 18, 2019, 05:18:29 AM
I have a 21" 870. Wanting to know what kind of luck people have had with the long beard #6. I have a full choke also, so I don't want to spend a bunch of money on cokes that are just going to sit in a drawer. Thanks for reading and answering in advance.
.565 trulock in my 870 21" puts 110-140 in the 10" at 40 yards. It's actually a little tight for me up close (20 yards and in). I don't run optics, bead only

I'd imagine you'll get a 40 yard pattern that will take a bird with that rem super full. Also the Longbeards seem to not shoot POA/POI for me. They tend to fly quite a bit right. For that reason, and being a little unforgiving in close, I'm not using them in this setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sswv

I have a 870 21" and a 1100 LT-20 21" both in 20ga and both do very well with the RSFT tube and LB #6's.  I've tried several other tubes and the RSFT, the Carlson's .575 and the Trulock Heavy 7 chokes seem to be what my guns like better so far. They'll average 135-145 in the 10"er at 40yds consistently.  I'll agree with DBell as too the 20 yard patterns, you better be holding dead on.

nyhunter

:icon_thumright: this is good info; guy's