OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hatfield .410

Started by briton, February 02, 2019, 01:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briton

Hatfield .410 w/sumtoy choke, rattle can paint job, federal #9 at 35 yds. It's shooting low so I'm planning on putting some sights on it to bring it up, I had to hold up to get on target. I'm also thinking about running a few apex 9.5 thru it to see what they  look like on paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SumToy

that was a cool paint job on that thing.   Now the Apex will probable do better then the federal.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

briton

Thanks, I thought the paint job turned out pretty good myself lol. I have a box of apex 9.5 on the way and I've got to get some sights on it this week to bring it up a good bit, that turkey target doesn't show the true potential until I get it sighted in. I'm happy with it and I'm sure it will do it's part in the turkey woods as long as I have done mine.

daddyduke

Should be a Joy to carry!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Spring Fever

Man really digging the paint job! Looks good!

Gatorjaw

Looks great! What kind of sights are you going to put on it?

briton

Nothing too fancy, just the tru glo, I like the simplicity and low profile of the sights

Jstocks

I hope the trigger on yours is better than on the one I bought.

briton

The trigger was real tough. It's an easy fix to lighten it up. As long as the hammer has enough force to make the primer go off, it can be lightened to that point. Gunsmith tweaked mine

surehuntsalot

good looking shotgun
you did a great job on the paint job
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

briton

I ended up putting Williams fire sight in the rear because the non adjustable tru glo was still too low. I like the Williams better. This was the result at 35 yds with apex 9.5 after sighting in with lead 9.

briton

this is the federal 9 tss at 35 yds before I adjusted the sight down a little lower. It is a lot more spread out but pretty even. It seems like the 9 responds better to less choking than 9.5 from what I've seen.

badwolf

What's that gun weigh?

briton

Its over 5lb the way I have it set up. I know, on the heavy side for a .410 but it feels like a toothpick compared to my 870. It's wood stock, has a vent rib, and folds in half, that's the reason I set it up, weight has never been an issue for guns being that I am in peak physical shape. This was before the 301 craze began, but I can guarantee nobody will have one just like it unlike the thousands of 301 out there now.