turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ON the Scoreboard BAAAAAABBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Started by redarrow, April 30, 2011, 10:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

I thought for sure it would be tag soup again this year. Tomorrow would have been the last day,and I was really fighting not to miss church and the good Lord blessed me . Best bird I have ever taken .The first with a 20 ga. and my first in southern Michigan. It I did the math right its a whopping 69.755.I am thrilled to add to the Team. GO CRUSADERS!

anthonyjhallen

Great bird!!  He looks like he has a rope.  Do we get a re-cap?

redarrow

Well,if you insist  :toothy12: Opening day greeted me with 5 inches of snow.but the birds where gobbling..Had a big boy slip in behind me and by the time I got turned around he had a thicket between us.I could see him but couldn't shoot. He then walked off with 3 hens in tow.Next time out he showed up a hundred yards away in a bean field. Couldn't care less about my calling or decoys. Couple days later.Encounter number three was again too far to shoot .Plus he had hens again.So last night I relocated my blind before calling it a day. Birds were hollering this morning at 5:30,and at 6;30 two hen popped up on my left not 10 feet away.I couldn't move.They left and I relaxed a bit then big boy popped up in the same spot.I could see his fan out of the corner of my eye.Problem is the window on that side was only un zipped about 2 inches.Just a peek hole.When he turned his fan toward me I scooted around and unzipped the widow enough to get the gun out. He heard the zipper and gobbled,but kept walking away. I finally got the gun out and on him just as he broke strut.The deed was done and the 20 ga, Benelli Nova and Nitro 7s did what they were meant to do. The best bird I have taken to date. GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD. AMEN.

BOFF

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

*High Five*

I'm tickled for ya!! Way to go!!!!! That's a monster of a bird. It will do us well. Make sure to get plenty of pics for the scoring!!

God Bless,
David B.

redarrow

Quote from: BOFF on April 30, 2011, 03:51:47 PM
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

*High Five*

I'm tickled for ya!! Way to go!!!!! That's a monster of a bird. It will do us well. Make sure to get plenty of pics for the scoring!!

God Bless,  Check out the kill thread for more pics and the scoring.
David B.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Woodsman4God