OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Can't Always "Trust" YouTube

Started by MK M GOBL, March 18, 2019, 08:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

So with YouTube being a mostly open format for anyone to post most anything to, you have to take that for what it's worth...

A customer of mine had seen a post I made from my Facebook Page on a NEW Display I created and liked the look! Told me he had killed a double last year (his first) and he wanted to do something with them for the "Man Cave". Well I sent him a design I came up with and he was on board. I asked him if everything was in the freezer, Yup here is where it comes. He said he seen it on Youtube on how to do it, and all he needed was the Display Board. I said no problem I do DIY Displays for those inclined, he then asked if I could just "mount" them on the display for him too, again I was okay with that, no problems. Well I finally got the Fans, Spurs & Beards, here's where things go bad fast.

So I am very particular of the quality of production of my work, well when I took a look at what he had prepared I about fell off my chair. So the beards are ok and workable, he broke a leg bone trying to cut the spurs off and cut the other two way too close to the spur, and the fans I cannot fix. Told him I will mount with what he sent me... Doubtful I will take another one of these projects on and just send it out as a DIY, it works me up a bit because this was special to him.

https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/

So here's why not everyone on "YouTube" is an "Expert" at what they do.

First Pic is from my post, the look he wanted.
2nd pic is his fan project (cardboard and clothespins don't cut it)

MK M GOBL

NC pine chicken

It's a shame he sent you crap material. That's a awesome idea for a display. I'm likely going to steal the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

And Fan #2, Somewhat better, but no where close...

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

Quote from: NC pine chicken on March 18, 2019, 08:36:45 PM
It's a shame he sent you crap material. That's a awesome idea for a display. I'm likely going to steal the idea.

Thanks! I did his as a "Double Corner Display" So each "Bird" is looking at each other.

:icon_thumright: I do sell these as a DIY Displays :icon_thumright:

MK M GOBL

mtns2hunt

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 18, 2019, 08:48:53 PM
Quote from: NC pine chicken on March 18, 2019, 08:36:45 PM

Thanks! I did his as a "Double Corner Display" So each "Bird" is looking at each other.

:icon_thumright: I do sell these as a DIY Displays :icon_thumright:

MK M GOBL

Nice display. I made something similar but out of a 100 year old chicken coop. Solid Oak that is weather and worm scared. I use it as a call and beard display shelf. Don't have a fan mounted behind it tho. May ad one this year.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 18, 2019, 09:43:12 PM
Nice display. I made something similar but out of a 100 year old chicken coop. Solid Oak that is weather and worm scared. I use it as a call and beard display shelf. Don't have a fan mounted behind it tho. May ad one this year.

Nice, this wood is from an old shed from a farmstead he bought, same all old solid oak boards. He separated it out as it weathered differently on each side of the shed.

I did this one for a buddy of mine, the wood has a rough face to and gave it a bit of a different look!

MK M GOBL

Jim K

As a full time taxidermist, I've seen it all. It amazes me how badly guys treat animals they want mounted. Deer capes cut half way to the throat or cut off to short. Turkeys plastered and then left to flop all over,etc etc.

I like when they walk in the shop with a bird and a bag full of feathers!!

That's why I save  tails and skins off my birds.

POk3s

Yea man! I love that mount!!!

So, if we were to send you something, how do you prefer it!? Whole cleaned, frozen bird???

kjnengr

Sorry for the bad experience.... I imagine that happens a lot as Jim K mentioned. 

That is an awesome looking mount.  Do you sell the wooden shelf and plaque for people that do their own fans, spurs, and beards?

MK M GOBL

Quote from: kjnengr on March 19, 2019, 10:11:16 AM
Sorry for the bad experience.... I imagine that happens a lot as Jim K mentioned. 

That is an awesome looking mount.  Do you sell the wooden shelf and plaque for people that do their own fans, spurs, and beards?

I do sell DIY kits, you can PM on these or at https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

Quote from: POk3s on March 19, 2019, 10:05:14 AM
Yea man! I love that mount!!!

So, if we were to send you something, how do you prefer it!? Whole cleaned, frozen bird???

I'll attach a sheet once I'm back home, have some details. Can PM me as well.

MK M GOBL