Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Actual Turkey Hunting Thread

Started by twyatt, March 15, 2019, 09:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twyatt

I started a few threads that the OG will make into a "sticky" at the top of our page soon.   Kill thread, running tally thread, scoring help, etc.

Now that all the technical mess is out of the way - who's already hunting? Scouting? Got big plans for this season?

I for one haven't done anything yet other than my usual "spend a fortune on stuff before season that I probably don't need".
I did set up a 20ga to try out this year, picked up a few new calls, and will probably be hanging 5-6 trail cams soon.

Other than that, I'll just be bouncing around VA in April/May.  Texas trip got cancelled, so no other big plans. 

squidd

Heading out tomorrow AM with my daughter and was pretty excited to see a couple of Toms strutting in Central FL yesterday. 

Too far out for pics but awful pretty with the morning sunlight as a backdrop.

twyatt

ThunderChickenHunter21

My season opens in two weeks. I can't wait lol hopefully I'll have something to help the team that Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

Welcome to the contest fellers!  Best of luck to all of you this spring!

squidd

Nothing for me - spray buggies worked the area I typically hunt over pretty good.

J_mill

Hey fellas. I appreciate the work y'all put into this team already. I'm lookin forward to heading out Wednesday for the SC opener. It's been a good spring here and seen lots of healthy looking flocks. Not hearing much though. Lots of jakes out and about so next year looks even better. Time to get after them. Be safe and good luck.  :funnyturkey: