OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity Compact Choke??

Started by mahifishn, March 04, 2019, 10:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahifishn

I just bought my 8 year old a Franchi Affinity compact 20 gauge. I'm currently loading hal's big 20xl load. TSS 9's. Anyone have a recommendation for a choke for this gun? Thanks so much for your help.

BINK McCARTY

Everyone speaks highly of Sumtoy or Indian creek. I.can attest to the customer service @ IC , Mike & Stuart are very knowledgeable and will help in any way they can. I have only spoke with William a few times but he also seems willing to help any way he can!!!

tree-rat sniper

I've been running a Carlson's .575 on my compact for years, also have a Jeb's Headhunter, & test both when new ammo is tried... but I always go back to Carlson's.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

mrclif

Quote from: mahifishn on March 04, 2019, 10:35:16 AM
I just bought my 8 year old a Franchi Affinity compact 20 gauge. I'm currently loading hal's big 20xl load. TSS 9's. Anyone have a recommendation for a choke for this gun? Thanks so much for your help.
For a 8 yo dont rule out factory full and jus dont poke at em to far. But saying that, the full should be more than enough with 1 5/8 oz of #9s at 40 easily

Spurs Up

Quote from: mrclif on March 13, 2019, 03:51:11 PM
Quote from: mahifishn on March 04, 2019, 10:35:16 AM
For a 8 yo dont rule out factory full and jus dont poke at em to far. But saying that, the full should be more than enough with 1 5/8 oz of #9s at 40 easily

x2. Love my .575, but you best aim small.

Coop1082

I'm a odd ball and a shoot a 2 3/4" 1 7/16 oz #9 hand load currently with my Affinity 20. Using a .575 Carlson's I'm doing around 245-265 in a 10". I currently run a Vortex Venom on but last year when I was shooting Williams Firesight rifle sights I ran a .585 Trulock with the same handload. It did around 200-220 but was a beautiful even pattern and at 20 it was still extremely forgiving.. I actually loved the looks of that pattern but with the addition of the dot I am looking to go a little "hotter"'as far as the pattern goes. If it is for a 8 year old I'd probably give the factory full a try and if not it, throw a Trulock .585 in and he would be hard pressed to miss a bird!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

AT

I'm using a 570 Rob Roberts in a Affinity.