OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 Wrapped with Mossy Oak Graphics

Started by pa_hunter, March 05, 2019, 01:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyScott

RED NECK

I did mine today and I did it in 1 hr 40 minutes.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

pa_hunter

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 07, 2019, 05:24:25 PM
I did mine today and I did it in 1 hr 40 minutes.

Wow that didn't take you long at all and it looks great!

RED NECK

I have done a fair amount and this one went real easy and smooth,other than trying to do the shurshot grip.I patched it, and the scope was a pain and a few wrinkles that I couldn't get out.I am happy,I like it better than paying hundreds for a dip or kolorfusion and when I get tired of it,just peel and redo in a different camo.I  am happy with it,also picked up 2 boxes of tss this morning.

pa_hunter

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 07, 2019, 07:30:40 PM
I have done a fair amount and this one went real easy and smooth,other than trying to do the shurshot grip.I patched it, and the scope was a pain and a few wrinkles that I couldn't get out.I am happy,I like it better than paying hundreds for a dip or kolorfusion and when I get tired of it,just peel and redo in a different camo.I  am happy with it,also picked up 2 boxes of tss this morning.

Yep I like it! Did you pick up some of the federal tss? It's almost impossible to find any tss around my parts. I can order it online but I haven't found any local stores yet that carry it

RED NECK

Yes, 2 more boxes of #7 federal tss. The first box had one of the shells half full,I paid after taxes $87.43 Canadian for the two boxes.

richard black

Very nice job on the wrap. I have done 3 guns and it takes me 1 1/2 - 2 hours to apply. As for durability my 20 gauge 870 is going on 3 years with no issues. I would suggest keeping the left overs from the initial wrap as you can use those for a "repair" if ever necessary. It blends in very nicely if you would have to overlay a small piece on and is hardly noticeable.

tree-rat sniper

Great looking rigs guys!  I have one I was going to try on my Nova 20 just haven't got around to doing it yet.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

surehuntsalot

good looking guns done with the wrap kits
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Bcturkeynut

Your gun looks great.  I have done two of mine and noticed the wrap gives it somewhat of a slick feel.  You loose the texture of the checkering around the grip and forend.  I found these silicon "gripper" strips online and placed them on the gun in the location I typically have hand contact and it feels much better to me.  Haven't hunt with them yet so I can't say how they will wear in the field...just an idea.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DD6FGQ3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1