turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg Mini Bantam 410 TSS Question

Started by nickp, February 23, 2019, 08:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickp

Anyone shot TSS through a Mossberg Mini Bantam 410?  My brother wants to get his son one, but they only have a fixed modified choke.  Is up to 40 yards in the realm of possibility?

squidd

Just drill/tapped and added a reflex red dot to a Mossberg 510. Shot three rounds and will make one more adjustment. Really impressed with the Federal #9 TSS.

Best I had with 3" Federal lead #6 at 20-yds was 41

Can't wait to try with the 20-ga! 

nickp

Nice.  I didn't take a picture, but 40 yds was doable in a pinch.  5-6 in the head and neck.  Anything passed that though would be a no go.  That was with the Apex 9.5s.  Really it would be best for 35 and in.  Surprised me for a modified choke.  I will be getting my wife a youth Maverick 88 for the house, but I may have to try it out as well.  Our full sized 870 20 gauge is a monster with 9s.

I have an old Mossberg 410 bolt action with a screw on full choke that will level one at 40 with 9.5s.  Going to get a bird with it this year and hang it up.  It was my grandpa's and I already got one with his old Stevens double barrel 20 with 2 3/4" HW 7s, before TSS was available from manufacturers. 

squidd

Same here, have an old Stevens bolt action .410 but is way too heavy for my daughter.  Now I'm thinking we should both use a .410????

I ordered another box of #9 TSS from Rogers so I'll have a few more to shells to pattern with.

Here's the 510 with a red dot and sling I threw together.