OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gotta vent a minute

Started by tha bugman, March 01, 2019, 09:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Got my Tru Glo Magnum Gobble Dot Pro Series sights in yesterday and was putting them on and while tightening the first screw on the front sight it broke off....luckily the other three did not.  I found another screw that I had that would work, but it is not the same size head or length so it looks wonky... I am going to contact Tru Glo and see if they will send me another screw at least.

coyote1

The screws on those are a problem.i mounted one last year, shot 8 shells and both rear sight screws broke in the middle.

They definitely need to use harder screws in these sights. I wonder if a hardware store would have something of better quality to work. New screws should not be necessary on something that costs what this sight does. Imo

Hopefully truglo is more competent when they package your screws. I emailed them a little over a week ago to get the 2 broken screws for the pro gobble dot and 4 other screws for a Tru bead. I got a polite response saying they were sending them free of charge. Good deal, I thought. Envelope arrived yesterday with the 4 Tru bead screws but no screws for the gobble dot. Yet they are listed on the packing list. How can someone mess up putting 6 screws in an envelope?

tha bugman

Quote from: coyote1 on March 01, 2019, 03:40:17 PM
The screws on those are a problem.i mounted one last year, shot 8 shells and both rear sight screws broke in the middle.

They definitely need to use harder screws in these sights. I wonder if a hardware store would have something of better quality to work. New screws should not be necessary on something that costs what this sight does. Imo

Hopefully truglo is more competent when they package your screws. I emailed them a little over a week ago to get the 2 broken screws for the pro gobble dot and 4 other screws for a Tru bead. I got a polite response saying they were sending them free of charge. Good deal, I thought. Envelope arrived yesterday with the 4 Tru bead screws but no screws for the gobble dot. Yet they are listed on the packing list. How can someone mess up putting 6 screws in an envelope?

Tru Glo has yet to respond.  I sent a note to Midwest Turkey Call Supply where I purchased them from just to let them know that it happened, and they sent me two screws.  Could not ask for nicer folks to deal with!  They have a customer in me for life! 

coyote1

I found out all the screws they sent me were wrong. It's been 2 days with no response from truglo.

The folks at Midwest are top notch. I'm not surprised they did that for you. I put in a few orders to them each spring.

BINK McCARTY

DON'T email them...
CALL THEM TIL' YOU GET SATISFACTION!!!!

Brighthd

I lost the top battery cover cap on my gobble dot last year it like just disappeared while I was hunting and called customer service. They sent me a replacement free. I would call and discuss as stated above. Voice to voice is better then get an email and follow up. They will probably appreciate the feedback on the screws from this forum for their engineering. I would also request the suggested torque and let everyone know in the site. I love my tru glo. It has helped me since I have gotten older and seeing the bead and bird was difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk