Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Team b

Started by Old Gobbler, March 02, 2019, 05:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossyguy

Got a nice upgrade around noon today...hunted this bird towards the end of the season last year but he's a smart one. I changed up my tactics and went in around 11 where we had been hearing him gobble before fly down the last week. I'll post pics in the harvest thread once I get them uploaded!

Hoosier2

Nice work mossy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RossAnderson

Quote from: Mossyguy on April 01, 2019, 03:26:17 PM
Got a nice upgrade around noon today...hunted this bird towards the end of the season last year but he's a smart one. I changed up my tactics and went in around 11 where we had been hearing him gobble before fly down the last week. I'll post pics in the harvest thread once I get them uploaded!

Congrats man! That's a dang good bird!!

-Ross

xbowhuntonly

Congrats on an awesome bird

Yoder409

Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin about, right there !!!!!!!!!!

Solid, SOLID bird, man !!!!!!    MUCHO CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Delmar ODonnell

Helluva bird Mossy! Congrats!

I missed this morning. Setup in a beautiful spot to kill one. Darn bird popped his head over the ridge and looked through a "V" in a split tree. He started putting when he did not see his lady and I rushed the shot trying to thread the needle and put $10 worth of TSS into a pine tree.

It's hard to be upset after such a close call on a beautiful morning in the turkey woods. Best thing about messing up a turkey hunt is knowing he'll be there tomorrow to offer a chance of redemption.

zsully

That's a great bird mossy. Congrats! We're about a week and a half away from youth day up here. The count down is on and I'm itching to get in the woods.

Yoder409

Hey, Sully..........just to clarify, it's about 2 1/2 weeks......... April 20.    Just so nobody gets in trouble.

I am DYING to get my daughter out there !!!!    She's my best turkey huntin buddy !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

zsully

Ugggghhhhh. You're right it's 1.5 weeks to the trout opener. Getting old sucks. I guess my call tryouts for the top spot in the vest will just go on for another week. If I don't log on for a couple days check in on me. Having to deal with another week may just send my wife over the edge lol.

Yoder409

Sorry to be the bearer of crappy news.............................   Just didn't wanna see a brother get arrested.   Hahahahaha !!!!!

And thanks for reminding me.............. I gotta get a hold of Gooserbat and get me a fresh pair of killers............
PA elitist since 1979

POk3s

I'll be headed out on the evening of the 12th for about a 500 mile drive and hopefully in the woods not long after daylight on the 13th. It seems that EVERY turkey season out west here opens on the 13th this year. Usually a couple are staggered, but not the case this year.

Yoder409

500 miles ???!!!!

That'd put you a good part of the way to Pennsylvania !!!    Haha haha !!!
PA elitist since 1979

POk3s

500 freaking miles! The first year I went I had an unfilled tag the day I was supposed to leave and ended up killing one off the roost. But that still made picking up camp and everything a few hours behind. With work the next day, it was a long ways!

I figure it'll be good practice for my 800 mile drive to Iowa  :turkey2:

KHNC

Looks like we are off to a good start! Doesnt look like ill be hunting much more this season unfortunately. GOod thing for me i shot the florida bird!

Hoosier2

I just got back from my scouting trip in Kentucky. I roosted birds Saturday night went back Sunday morning and 3 longbirds flew down in a bottom field and worked within 75 yards of my ranger. Drove around all morning Sunday found 4 different flocks. Saturday can't come soon enough. Hoping to shoot my first bird with a bow!!!