North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Team b

Started by Old Gobbler, March 02, 2019, 05:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

That sounds like a good time !!!

Me and my brother did about 10 days last year...... Wyoming and Nebraska.   What a great time !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Mossyguy

Been trying to get an upgrade the last few days but this bird is a doozy. He's easily a 5 year old bird...hunted him the last few weeks of last season and couldn't get it done. This morning he came into about 60 yards but a hen showed up and pulled him away. Hopefully within the next few days I'll post some pics of him in my hands!

POk3s

Sully, you'll fall in love with hunting the ponderosa pine country out this way. Such a cool feel to be chasing Ben around the hills.

Good luck mossyguy!

zsully

Quote from: POk3s on March 22, 2019, 11:48:16 AM
Sully, you'll fall in love with hunting the ponderosa pine country out this way. Such a cool feel to be chasing Ben around the hills.

Good luck mossyguy!

I hunted Nebraska back in 2016 and your right I fell in love with it. I've been trying to plan a trip back Since then. Finally 2020 will be the year.

Yoder409

Quote from: Mossyguy on March 21, 2019, 10:14:18 PM
Been trying to get an upgrade the last few days but this bird is a doozy. He's easily a 5 year old bird...hunted him the last few weeks of last season and couldn't get it done. This morning he came into about 60 yards but a hen showed up and pulled him away. Hopefully within the next few days I'll post some pics of him in my hands!

That's a picture I wanna see !!!!

Go git him !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Quote from: POk3s on March 22, 2019, 11:48:16 AM
Sully, you'll fall in love with hunting the ponderosa pine country out this way.

I know I sure have !!!!

Two trips in the last 4 years and I'd go back EVERY YEAR if I could afford it.
PA elitist since 1979

RossAnderson

Well GA's season opens up in the mornin. Wish me luck men, hopefully I can help with the board scores. Walked and scouted just about all day today and scouted last weekend. The birds are still grouped up here in the area I hunt but I have a good idea of where they roost and where they'll be headin in the mornin. Walked up on 4 strutters this mornin with a few jakes and about 15 hens. Got pictures of 2 of them bad boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Ross

Yoder409

Best of luck, Ross !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

zsully

Good luck Ross. Hope to see pictures in the morning.

xbowhuntonly

Good luck tomorrow Ross will be waiting on pictures

Mossyguy

Good luck...I hunted on Fort Benning from 2012-16...I miss Georgia for sure!

Mossyguy

Congrats Ross...love them 20+ pounders!

xbowhuntonly

Congrats Ross

Yoder409

Atta boy, Ross !!!!!!!!

DANDY bird !!!!!!!!   CONGRATS !!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

xbowhuntonly

still waiting here in WNC but this guy was out doing his thing today